- children with DIABETES is featured in the June 1996 Diabetes Forecast, published by the American Diabetes Association, and the Summer 1996 COUNTDOWN, published by the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.
- Several recent additions to the Friends database have included e-mail addresses that do not work. If your name is listed in Friends, please try to send yourself an e-mail from Friends, to be sure your e-mail address works. Thanks.
- Please consider sending a brief e-mail note to the author of the pages you read in Kids' Voices, Parents' Voices, and Expert Advice. Our contributors would love the feedback!
- Brittany is 12 years old (almost 13) and just got an insulin pump. She's keeping a diary of her experiences with the pump and is sharing it with us.
- The ADA Tour de Cure is coming to a town near you. Be sure to participate.
- There are three new Camps for Kids with Diabetes this week:
- The Boggy Creek Gang Camp in Florida is a sister camp to Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang camp in Connecticut.
- Chris Dudley Basketball Camp in Oregon is for boys and girls with diabetes, ages 9 to 14, who want to learn about basketball.
- Diabetes Wellness Camp is for kids with diabetes in Tennessee.
- Insulin pumps provide unparalleled flexibility. This overview will help you decide if they're right for you.
- Deutsches Diabetes Forum provides diabetes information in German.
- Medic Assist is a card you carry in your wallet to alert emergency medical help of your diabetes.
- London Drugs, a Canadian drug store chain, has information about Living With Diabetes, including information about an in-home kidney function test that measures small amounts of protein in the urine.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.