Across the United States and around the world, JDF walkers raise money to fund research that seeks to find a cure for diabetes and its complications. Contact the nearest JDF Chapter to learn how you can help. Across the United States, ADA walkers raise money to fund various activities, including support for camps for children with diabetes. Contact the nearest ADA Affiliate to learn how you can help.
- Humalog (insulin lispro) is the new fast-acting insulin from Eli Lilly. Read all about it.
- New to Kids' Voices are:
- Gabe Knight, who got diabetes in 1993
- Matthew Cooper, a first grader who loves to swim and go four wheeling in the mountains
- The Test With a Memory from Diabetes Forecast discusses the glycohemoglobin test.
- ADA Recipe of the Day presents a new recipe every Monday through Friday from one the the ADA cookbooks.
- Diabetic Caramel Apple Salad makes a great dessert.
- Important news and information:
- KinderCare to Accept Children with Diabetes (22 August 1996)
- President Clinton Signs Kassebaum-Kennedy
- JDF Legislative Alert: Status of NIH Funding (21 August 1996)
- JDF Says Thank you to Members of the House (19 August 1996)
- Computers in Diabetes 1996 will be held from 31 August to 1 September 1996 at the Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Graz University of Technology, in Austria.
- Visit the Boehringer-Mannheim Diabetes Care web site to read their educational material and learn about their products. However, you must select your country before you can see anything. If your country leads you to a dead end, as many do, the United States Diabetes Care Division will allow you to see everything.
- Sweet One is a sugar-substitute made from acesulfame potassium, or Ace-K. Visit the Sweet One web site for recipes and a free sample.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:25
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.