- There are several changes to the Friends database:
- The Search for a Friend program has been improved significantly. You can now specify the number of hits to display on a page, the format of the resulting answer list is simpler and information will display faster.
- The format of the details page has been changed. You reach the details page by clicking on a person's name in the search results list.
- The List All Friends feature has been removed due to the large size of the Friends database. You can still see the entire list by searching for everyone.
- We review Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace by Betty Page Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE & Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE.
- DiabetiCare diabetes management software by OrcaWare is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers. OrcaWare also produces Pocket DiabetiCare 1.0.3 for the Apple Newton.
- The goal of The Islet Foundation is to cure Type 1 diabetes through transplantaion of microencapsulated islets. You can read about their technique.
- News and Information:
- Scientists at the National Insitute of Health plan to study insulin capsules for the prevention of Type 1 diabetes.
- Pill Might Prevent Juvenile Diabetes from The New York Times.
- Pill To Prevent Diabetes Being Tested (September 10, 1996)
- SEC Accuses Futrex Incorporated of Fraud (September 24, 1996)
- Additional diabetes new can be found at the following web sites:
- NewsPage - Diabetes. Registration is required to read full text documents.
- Medical Matrix - Endocrinology
- New information on the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation web site includes:
- Foot Care and Diabetes
- Diabetes and Your Heart
- Back to School! Get a Plan! Want to make going back to school easier? from COUNTDOWN for Kids
- The Greater Palm Beach County Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation serves Palm Beach, Martin, and St. Lucie counties in Florida.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:25
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.