Of Continuing Interest
- Real-time chat rooms are now available, made possible by a generous donation from ichat, maker of ROOMS, the leading real-time chat server.
- Note to parents who completed the school survey:
Thanks to all of you and your overwhelming support of my thesis project--a handbook for parents of school-age children with diabetes. Your contributions made my work possible. I think we all learned from eachother, and hopefully the handbook will help those still struggling with problems with diabetes management in the schools. My handbook is being reviewed for medical and legal accuracy and then will be made available for your review in January. Please feel free to email me as some of you had asked questions but neglected to give me your email address.
New This Week
- children with DIABETES will be taking a holiday vacation beginning December 23 and ending around December 28. During this time, there will be no new cut-out e-mail addresses assigned to new Friends.
- New to Kids' Voices is Megan Yoerger, who is 11 years old and lives in Adelaide, South Australia.
- New to News & Information:
- Researchers compare injection site effects of Insulin Lispro and Regular Insulin
- Researchers recommend that prolonged use of nicotinamide after IDDM diagnosis should be tested.
- Home Blood Glucose Monitors Fail Tests.
- Accuracy of home blood glucose meters during hypoglycemia not up to ADA recommendations.
- Biocontrol Technology, Inc. recently submitted a protocol to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the upcoming in-home study for its Diasensor 1000.
- Rezulin (troglitazone) has been approved by the US FDA Advisory Committee. This drug is for patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- Testing Drugs in People describes the process required of companies who want to market a new drug in the U.S. market.
- Ask the Dietitian, by Joanne Larsen, M.S., R.D., has information about diabetes, diabetic exchanges, and a Weight / Calorie Calculator!
- Diabetic Insulcap, Inc. manufactures the InsulCap, an aid in withdrawing insulin from vials.
- Food Finder lets you know the nutritional value of foods sold by various fast food chains.
- For those interested in MEDLINE®, HealthGate provides free MEDLINE® searches. Some articles have abstracts. Full-text can be ordered on-line for US$20 per article, plus shipping charges, for delivery in the United States.
- Diabetes.com is a new, commercial website with diabetes information that is sponsored by Bayer Pharmaceutical Corporation.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.