New This Week
- In light of many recent e-mails received by visitors to children with DIABETES, we offer advice on cyberquacks.
- With our deep appreciation and best wishes, we bid farewell to Michelle Hansen, the Senior Dietitan on the Diabetes Team, as she prepares for her new baby. Michelle answered your food and diet questions.
- New to Kids' Voices is Ashlee, who is seven and was diagnosed when she was 11 1/2 months old.
- New to Adult Voices is Joshua Halberg, a student at Baylor University, who recounts his diagnosis.
- Andrea DeFusco's shares part of her Master's Thesis that deals with the rights of children with diabetes in public schools in the United States.
- The Lilly Diabetes Scholarship Program will award fifty US$2,500 college scholarships based on merit, community involvement, and academic achievement. The application deadline is March 31, 1997.
- Updated camps for kids with diabetes pages:
- Camp Crestfield in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania offers excitement for kids with diabetes.
- Camp Kno-Koma provides adventures for young people with diabetes in West Virginia. Ever seen counselors covered in shaving cream? Stop by for a look.
- Camp Setebaid is a camp for kids 8 - 12 in Pennsylvania.
- Two new products are listed under Computerizing Your Meter:
- AIDA is an an educational simulator of insulin and dietary adjustment in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM). It contains a simple model of glucose-insulin interaction in the human body. It is intended for simulating the effects on the blood glucose profile of changes in insulin and diet for a typical insulin-dependent diabetic patient. AIDA only runs on IBM PCs or compatibles.
- Pocket DiabetiCare 1.10 is an application for the Newton PDA. It was developed as a means to capture blood sugar readings and analyze this infomation as it occurs.
- Food Smart nutritional software by Sasquatch Software, Inc., is published in cooperation with the Canadian Diabetes Assocation. Food Smart comes in home, business and professional editions.
- The Internation Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (ISPAD) 6th International ISPAD Course will be held in Vernona, Italy, 9-13 April 1997.
- JDF Legislative Update on Doubling of NIH Funding
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.