- Several users of the Message Board have reported problems when using Microsoft's Internet Explorer or the new AOL Browser, which is a version of Internet Explorer. There is a known problem with Internet Explorer that causes this problem. Netscape Navigator has no problem accessing the Message Board.
- The Editor and Medical Director of children with DIABETES will be attending the 57th Annual American Diabetes Association Meeting. Watch these pages for daily news postings.
- Read about Encelle Incorporated, a company investigating macroencapsulation of porcine islet cells as a way to cure Type 1 diabetes. The company's technique has shown to be effective in dogs for up to four months. From the pages of The Islet Foundation.
- Cloning and Sequencing of the Pancreatic Islet Neogenesis Associated Protein (INGAP) Gene and Its Expression in Islet Neogenesis in Hamsters describes some exciting research.
- KU Researcher Reports on Promising Diabetes Monitor reports on an implantable glucose monitor.
- You can read the text of the speech given by the Honorable Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House of Representatives, before the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International's Annual Conference on Friday, June 6, 1997.
- CDA Food Choice Symbols helps Canadians decipher the Canadian Diabetes Association Food Choice Values on food product labels.
- FIFTY-50 Home Health Services, a mail-order pharmacy that donates half of its profits to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, now has a web site.
- Diabetic Friends Action Network at last has a web site. Run by Belver Ladson, the DFAN e-mail newsletter has helped many people with diabetes over the past several years.
- International Diabetes Web Site, presented by the International Diabetes Institute in Australia, has information about diabetes in Australia.
- MeLLiTis is a French-language web site about diabetes run by Pierre Y. Benhamou, MD, PhD.
- Diabetic Recipes from The Vegetarian contains four recipes and links to other diabetic recipe sites.
- Dr. Robert Moser, medical consultant for The NutraSweet Kelco Company, responds to a reports of a link between NutraSweet and brain cancer.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:27
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.