- Report of the Expert Committee on the Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus, published in the July 1997 issue of Diabetes Care, details the new classification and diagnostic guidelines of the American Diabetes Association.
- You can search the abstracts of material presented at the 57th Annual American Diabetes Association Meeting at the 57th Scientific Sessions Abstract Search page.
- Hypoglycemia: Incidence and Clinical Predictors in a Large Population-Based Sample of Children and Adolescents With IDDM, from the January 1997 issue of Diabetes Care, concludes that younger children are at a particular risk of significant hypoglycemia.
- In addition to our earlier report that BCG Vaccination Given After Onset of Type 1 Diabetes Not Helpful, there is another report entitled Vaccination with BCG at Diagnosis Does Not Alter the Course of IDDM.
- The Human Biological Data Interchange (HBDI) was founded in 1988 in partnership with the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International (JDFI) to provide a resource to researchers in their search for diabetes genes.
- Amputation Prevention Global Resource Center is a collaborative effort between Boehringer Mannheim and Eli Lilly and Company that includes foot care information. Though aimed primarily at older adults with Type 2 diabetes, proper foot care is important for everyone with diabetes.
- The Diabetes Association of Greater Cleveland is a local, independent United Way Agency, serving Northeast Ohio.
- The Arizona Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation has its own web page.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:27
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.