Of Continuing Interest
- The pages of children with DIABETES begin a slow migration to their own domain: www.childrenwithdiabetes.com. If you have the home page bookmarked, please update it at this time to the new home page: http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/.
- The U.S. Government spends US$1,700 per patient in AIDS research. It spends US$20 per patient on diabetes research. Sign the ADA-sponsored petition to President Clinton urging that more be spent on diabetes.
New This Week
- Graham, a five year old from Alabama, tells us his story.
- From a Mother's Heart is story of Chelsey's diagnosis, as told by her mother, Jane.
- Lyn Hickox, grandmother of Jessica, writes about Jessica's frightening experience with Todd's Paralysis caused by extreme low blood sugar.
- Laura Happel writes about her memories from Camp de los Ninos, held at Camp Campbell in the Santa Cruz Mountains in Northern California. She attended camp from 1981 to 1988.
- The Diabetic Society of Singapore has information about Camp Diabetes, a camp for kids with diabetes in Singapore.
- Florida's Diabetes Camp has updated information about 1998 camping sessions.
- On Friday, October 10, 1997, Governer Pete Wilson of California vetoed legislation that would have required insurers in California to pay for diabetes supplies. The veto came late in the day, ensuring that there would be little press coverage. For additional information, see the following scanned images from Rick Mendosa's web site:
- The veto letter
- Governer Wilson's letter to the legislative leadership trying to explain his veto
- Press Release from Jose Moreno, the press secretary to Senator Solis.
- Do you have a favorite diabetes-related product? If so, please take a minute and complete a product survey to be published in Diabetes Interview and children with DIABETES.
- children with DIABETES has been named Best of the Web in the Health Channel by the editors of Snap! Online, a service of c|net.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:39
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.