Of Continuing Interest
- You can receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by subscribing to the email@example.com mailing list. To subscribe, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word subscribe in the body of the message. You will receive an e-mail back with the subject "Address verification request." Follow the instructions in the e-mail to subscribe.
New This Week
- Please take a survey about your experiences with blood test meters and diabetes information on the Internet.
- Eight-year-old Heather writes about using a pump.
- Liz DeMello has been making gray ribbons and shares with us a poem she includes with each.
- Bonnie and Will Morneault recount their experiences with the diagnosis of their eleven-year-old son Max.
- Patti writes about her son Mathias.
- Visit the web site of the Ray Williams Institute of Paediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Westmead, Australia, and read the APEG Handbook on Childhood and Adolescent Diabetes. The handbook "reflects an Australian national approach to the management of childhood and adolescent diabetes."
- A new Advocacy section debuts today. The first story is about Margaret Himelfarb, who needs your help to convince the U.S. Postal Service to issue a diabetes awareness postage stamp.
- The Diabetes Monitor has a new page about Non-proven methods of diabetes therapy (diabetes quackery).
- The Featured Book of the Week is It's Time to Learn About Diabetes by Jean Betschart, MN, RN, CDE.
- Visit the home page of the Asociación Mexicana de Diabetes en Tamaulipas for information about diabetes in Spanish.
- The Mediterranean Diabetes Centre, based in Malta, offers special emphasis to Meditteranean cultures.
- The Mission of the Northern Diabetes Health Network is to ensure that people in Northern Ontario have reasonable access to a broad range of diabetes programs and services to improve their quality of life.
- The Kid's Choice Cookbook is a cookbook for kids with diabetes. It contains recipes for the kinds of food that all kids love to eat, such as pizzas, tacos, burgers, milkshakes, cakes, cookies and more!
- Twin Peaks Gourmet Food has a selection of sugar-free foods. Visitors from children with DIABETES will receive a 10% discount.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:40
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.