- REMINDER: Applications for Lilly's Diabetes Scholarship Program for the 1998 school year must be submitted by March 31, 1998.
- The Chat Rooms have been completely overhauled in an effort to make them easier to use. You can now type in messages and have the chat room content refresh at the same time. Moving between chat rooms is also much easier. There might be a few kinks to work out, so if you have problems, please send and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a Chat Room Help page to help you get started.
- Ruben Yperlaan, from the Netherlands, tells us about his diabetes.
- The Diabetes Team has added 46 new questions and answers in the last week. Can we answer your question about diabetes?
- Camps for Children with Diabetes with newly updated information for the 1998 camping season include:
- Camp Crestfield, located along the beautiful Slippery Rock Creek in Butler County, Pennsylvania.
- Camp Libby Diabetes Resident Camp is for kids in and around Toledo, Ohio.
- Camp Setebaid, located in the Pocono Mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Camp Tokumto Educational Summer Day Camp is a day camp for kids in Toledo, Ohio.
- We review two new books for kids and teens with diabetes:
- Sugar Isn't Everything by Willo Davis Roberts.
- Sugar Was My Best Food: Diabetes and Me by Carol Antionette Peacock, Adair Gregory, and Kyle Carney Gregory; illustrated by Mary Jones.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Zack Attacks by Diana Loski.
- Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich Applauds Efforts of Diabetes Advocates.
- The mission of Sharing the World of Diabetes is to "...to take an active role in uniting the world of people with diabetes."
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:28
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.