Of Continuing Interest
- REMINDER: Applications for Lilly's Diabetes Scholarship Program for the 1998 school year must be submitted by March 31, 1998.
- Scientists are working hard to stop diabetes before it starts, but they can't do it without your help. Ask your doctor about the Diabetes Prevention Trial - Type 1 and get tested. It's free!
- The Chat Rooms have been completely overhauled in an effort to make them easier to use. You can now type in messages and have the chat room content refresh at the same time. Moving between chat rooms is also much easier. There might be a few kinks to work out, so if you have problems, please send and e-mail to email@example.com. There is a Chat Room Help page to help you get started.
For those people who have problems using the new interface, you can still use old interface.
New This Week
- Friends help you cope with the challenges of living with diabetes. Share your experiences with any of the over 3,000 parents, kids, teens, and adults in the Friends database.
- Camps for Children with Diabetes with newly updated information for the 1998 camping season include:
- ADA Summer Camp for Children with Diabetes in New York offers camping fun plus a radio station.
- Camp Diamont in Bozeman, Montana, offers camping excitement for kids in Montana. There is also a Teen Retreat.
- Triangle D, celebrating 48 years of camping, offers children with diabetes in northern Illinois a summer camping experience.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Sugar Isn't Everything by Willo Davis Roberts.
- The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) of the US National Institutes of Health has a newly revamped web site. Two important pages within the site are:
- NIDDK Statement on the DCCT (reproduced within children with DIABETES)
- Diabetes Calendar of events in 1998, 1999 and 2000.
- The Diabetic Children's Foundation of Mont-Royal, Québec, provides funds for research and Camp Carowanis.
- Diabetes Center for Children, Division of Endocrinology, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of children with diabetes.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:28
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.