- Children with Diabetes is now a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation. In the coming weeks, there will be more information posted about the makeup of the corporation and how you can become a member and help support children with DIABETES.
- Allie Green, who is five years old and is a Daisy Girl Scout, tells us her story.
- We review Meals 'n Carbs, a computerized meal planning program for the PC and Macintosh.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Ten Keys to Helping Your Child Grow Up With Diabetes by Tim Wysocki, Ph.D.
- ADA reports that NIH Declares: Diabetes Not a Priority.
- The Islet Foundation reports on the testimony before the Institute of Medicine Committee on the NIH Research Priority-Setting Process, given on April 3, 1998. Everyone should read this testimony.
- The Islet Foundation reports on the International Workshop on Xenotransplantation, held in New York City, 18-20 March 1998.
Alternative Therapies for Diabetes by the National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse summarizes several alternative approaches that some people claim help in the treatment of diabetes.
- Noninvasive Blood Glucose Monitors by the National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse summarizes the status of noninvasive meters.
- What are the Costs of Diabetes Mellitus?, by Thomas J Songer, PhD, Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, is a 16-page slide show summarizing the costs of diabetes.
- OnHealth added the International Diabetes Center, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, to its web site last week.
- Dietary Exchange Table, from Meals for You, a site with thousands of recipes and meal plans, contains information about the ADA Exchanges.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Cleveland Chapter has their newsletter on-line.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.