- New to Kids' Voices are:
- Ann Schroeppel, a young woman from Missouri, loves sports.
- Staisy, a 10 year old girl who loves to dance.
- New and updated camps for kids with diabetes include:
- Camp Hamwi, in central Ohio, offers horseback riding and outdoor adventure.
- Camp KoralKids is a diabetes day camp in Coral Springs, Florida.
- Users of LifeScan's SureStep meter should read the Letter to LifeScan Customers from LifeScan President Richard J. Wiesner regarding the FDA inquiry into the SureStep meter.
- According to the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, patients who follow their Intensive Diabetes Self-Management program delay major complications 15 years and add 5 years to their lives.
- The ADA brings us up to date on its legislative advocacy efforts.
- An Insulin Pump Information/Support Group For "Pumpers" and "Would-Be Pumpers" and Their Families will be held Thursday, May 14, 1998 in Boca Raton, Florida.
- A new section within children with DIABETES debuts this week: Art. Art helps us deal with the challenges of diabetes. If you have artwork that you'd like to share, read about how to contribute to the contents of the site.
- Captain Courage, the Diabetic Superhero, was created by Bob Kelly after his son was diagnosed with diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Joslin Guide to Diabetes by Richard S. Beaser, M.D. with Joan V.C. Hill, R.D., C.D.E.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation web site has changed to www.jdfcure.org.
- NetWellness is a general-purpose health information site published by the University of Cincinnati that contains links to many other health-related web sites. Their Ask an Expert section has answers to various medical questions.
- The Diabetes Insipidus Foundation, Inc. provides information, advocacy and referrals for patients, families and professionals who are interested in Diabetes Insipidus.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.