- New Pre-Teens and Pump Users chat rooms have been added in response to requests from visitors.
- New to Kids' Voices are:
- Drew, who started using an insulin pump when he was four years old
- Samanta, a two-year-old who was diagnosed when she was 16 months old.
- New to Parents' Voices is Amy Shenkel, who shares her experiences from the diagnosis of her daughter Caitlin.
- New and updated camps for kids with diabetes include:
- Camp Jean Nelson offers "the week that lasts a lifetime" to kids in Alberta and the Northwest Territories.
- Camp LADD is day camp for children with diabetes located in Cortland, N.Y.
- The accuracy of some Home Blood Glucose Monitors has been studied again recently.
- ADA Advocacy reports that 134 Members of Congress signed the diabetes letter to Congressman John Porter.
- US Availability of GLUCOMETER DEX Delayed Until 1999
- Jet Injector Business Sold; New Owners Lower Price
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Dinosaur Tamer and Other Stories for Children with Diabetes by Marcia Levine Mazur, Peter Banks and Andrew Keegan.
- Be sure to read the NIH Response to ADA Declaration That "NIH Declares: Diabetes Not a Priority."
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.