- In the Northern Hemisphere, the summer storm season is upon us. Now is a good time to be sure your emergency diabetes supplies are up to date.
- Abstracts for the upcoming ADA Scientific Sessions in Chicago are available for searching.
- MiniMed's Continuous Glucose Sensor expected to be available soon.
- Islet Sheet Medical is developing a thin sheet bio-artificial pancreas as a treatment for Type 1 diabetes.
- Duke University Medical Center researchers report that antioxidants may reduce harmful complications of diabetes.
- Iceland's strong patient management program virtually eliminates diabetic blindness.
- The Lancet, a leading medical journal published by Elsevier Science, offers free access to abstracts of its articles. Registration is required and some information is accessible only to subscribers, however.
- Evaluating Managed Care Plans for Children with Special Health Needs: A Purchaser's Tool, from the Institute for Child Health Policy, offers guidance to parents who have to decide between various health care plans.
- The Advisory Support and Information Services web page provides contact information for the U.S. Diabetes Mellitus Interagency Coordinating Committee, the National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse, and the World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Center for Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss. If you haven't read it, get a copy and take it with you on your summer vacation.
- For anyone interested in stevia, a natural sugar-substitute, additional information can be found at the JAJA Group's Stevia and Stevia Links pages.
- The Satiety Index ranks foods according to how full you feel after eating them.
- Suzi Castle's Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods Cookbook is an excellent cook book for everyone interested in healthy eating.
- Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook has 300 recipes from people all over the Unites States. Each has complete nutritional information.
- New recipies in our collection include:
- Our Baked Potato Skins are low in fat and delicious.
- The Banana-Orange Smoothie is delicious.
- Special Chocolate Ice Cream will be a big hit with kids and grown-ups alike.
- The Smoothie Fruit Drink is a refreshing summertime treat.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.