- children with DIABETES marks its third anniversary in June 1998. With over 10 million pages served in the past three years, children with DIABETES has evolved from a very humble web site to one of the largest web sites related to diabetes in the world. In May, 1998, we served 583,545 pages to 46,969 visitor sessions from 99 countries. Our thanks to everyone who visits and helps to make children with DIABETES the on-line community for everyone with diabetes.
- Next week, children with DIABETES will report from the American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions conference in Chicago, Illinois.
- A Life With Diabetes is written by Denise Kay Gordon.
- On Wednesday, June 3, 1998, members of the LifeScan FastTake product team hosted a special chat session to answer questions about the new meter. If you missed the chat, you can read the transcript.
- Ayden Byle, a young Canadian with Type 1 diabetes, is on a five-month journey across Canada to raise money to help find a cure.
- LifeScan recalls SureStep meters made before August 1997.
- Mersey Clinical Research Seeks Patients with Type 1 Diabetes for Study of Investigational Drug to Improve Metabolic Control.
- Growing Up With Diabetes: What Children Want Their Parents to Know is an excellent book for parents of children with diabetes.
- We review The Gift of the Pirate Queen by Patricia Reilly Giff.
- New recipies in our collection include:
- Novo Nordisk USA has its own web site, featuring descriptions of its insulin products and educational material.
- Novo Nordisk and Aradigm sign worldwide agreement to develop a pulmonary insulin delivery system. See also a streaming video presentation.
- Becton-Dickenson offers advice on preparing for emergencies and natural disasters.
- Maple Grove Farm makes an excellent sugar-free maple-flavored syrup.
- Paddock Labs, maker of Glutose® emergency glucose, has information about The Rule Of 15 (also available in Spanish) and their newsletter on-line.
- The Diabetes Support/Information Board exists to "to promote the discussion of diabetes amoungst those who have diabetes, those who know someone who has diabetes and those who are interested in finding out more about the disease."
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.