Of Continuing Interest
- On July 1, 1998, all contents of the children with DIABETES web site were moved to the childrenwithdiabetes.com domain. The web server will automatically redirect requests for a file hosted at castleweb.com to the file at childrenwithdiabetes.com.
- At the same time, the "Ask the Diabetes Team" section was completely reorganized. You can use the URL Finder to help you find Diabetes Team questions that are referenced from outside the Children with Diabetes web site.
New This Week
- We add two news pages to Kids' Voices:
- Tammy Appleton tells us how important camp is to her.
- Amanda Skinner writes about her feelings when she was diagnosed.
- Anyone interested in the direction of diabetes research in the United States should read the highlights of the recent Meeting of the Congressionally-Directed Diabetes Research Working Group (DRWG), as reported by Al Gorden of The Islet Foundation.
- The ABCs of Hemoglobin A1c Testing by the NIDDK offers a good summary of this important tool in managing your diabetes. You can also check your hemoglobin A1c I.Q..
- We review the new B-DTM ULTRA-FINETM II Lancet.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation web site has been revamped. Be sure to read the 1998 Research Progress Report.
- Islet cell transplants are discussed at InteliHealth, home to Johns Hopkins Health Information.
- The Mid-Ohio Chapter of JDF is having a 10k walk to raise awareness and research money to find a cure for diabetes.
- Diabetes in Cats has information about detecting and treating feline diabetes.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:40
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.