- Lindsay Cowan raised over $10,000 for diabetes research!
- In the past three weeks, we've shipped almost 18,000 brochures and cards to visitors around the world. If you like children with DIABETES and want an easy way to share the site with friends, we'll mail you our brochures and cards -- free!
- This week's Reader Poll is about how often you check your blood sugar. Be sure to check out the results from last week's poll: What blood test meter do you use most often?
- The following articles dealing with research into prevention from the ISPAD web site are published in PDF format and require the Adobe Acrobat Reader to read:
- Psychological Aspects in Diabetes Prevention Trials by Bruno Weber and Roswith Roth. Ann Med 1997;29:461467. (75 kB)
- From Pathomechanisms to Prediction, Prevention and Improved Care of Insulin-dependent Diabetes Mellitus in Children by Hans K. ┼kerblom, Mikael Knip, and Olli Simell. Ann Med 1997;29:383-85. (43 kB)
- Strategies for Identifying and Predicting Islet Autoantigen T-cell Epitopes in Insulin-dependent Diabetes Mellitus by Margo C. Honeyman, Vladimir Brusic, and Leonard C. Harrison. Ann Med 1997;29:401-404. (66 kB)
- Islet Cell Antigens in the Prediction and Prevention of Insulin-dependent Diabetes Mellitus by Ezio Bonifacio and Michael R. Christie. Ann Med 1997;29:405-12. (88 kB)
- Viruses and Other Perinatal Exposures as Initiating Events for b-cell Destruction by Gisela G. Dahlquist. Ann Med 1997;29:413-17. (63 kB)
- Disease-associated Autoimmunity and Prevention of Insulin-dependent Diabetes Mellitus by Michael Knip. Ann Med 1997;29:447-51. (238 kB)
- Antibody Screening in a Population of Children by Manou R. Batstra, G. Jan Bruining, and Henk-Jan Aanstoot. Ann Med 1997;29:453-460. (522 kB)
- How to Apply the Experience from the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial to Children and Adolescents? by Stuart J. Brink discusses the importance of good control in children and adolescents and explains the clinical practices of the New England Diabetes and Endocrinology Center.
- We now have information about Hyperglycemia within Diabetes Basics.
- Camp Crispi is a four-day cruise on Carnival Cruise for teens with diabetes ages 13 to 18, scheduled for Spring Break 1999 (March 29 to April 2, 1999).
- The Diabetes Research Institute has revamped its web site. Within the new site is an interactive, user-friendly resource for those seeking information on the latest in diabetes research and the progress being made toward a cure for the disease. Visitors can take a virtual tour of the Institute, complete with 3-D imaging and audio, hear personal comments from leading faculty members, and learn about the various stages of translational research on several interactive pages.
- Rick Mendosa's On-line Diabetes Resources now has an extensive listing of diabetes software. If you are considering using a computer program to help you manage your diabetes, be sure to check out the list.
- Eduardo F. O. Campos is from Brazil and has Type 1 diabetes. His home page is in both English and Portuguese.
- We review Rufus Comes Home, a new book for kids with diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is It's Time to Learn About Diabetes by Jean Betschart, MN, RN, CDE.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.