Of Continuing Interest
- The new home page for Children with Diabetes debuted on December 5, 1998. Thanks to everyone who passed on their comments. The old home page is still available if you prefer the classic look.
- On Saturday, December 5, the Message Board underwent a significant upgrade and slight change in layout. The new URL for the message board is http://community.childrenwithdiabetes.com:8081/~cwd. Users of the Message Board must login again with their userid and password. If you don't remember your userid and password, send e-mail to email@example.com for assistance.
New This Week
- Brittany is a happy go lucky toddler who also has diabetes.
- We publish the results of a survey on prevention research that we ran several weeks ago.
- We review the Lasette laser lancing device.
- Feeding The Child With Diabetes - Grade School Through Middle School offers good advice on meal planning for children with diabetes.
- Crusading for Cash, published in the Washington Post, explores how diabetes advocates lobby for increased funding for diabetes research. A sidebar compares the advocacy styles of the American Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often each week they or their child experiences hypoglycemia that requires treatment. This week's poll asks readers at what age they or their child were diagnosed.
- The Sugarless Shoppe sells sugar-free foods in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Looking for a special gift? Try a Children with Diabetes shirt from Lands' End.
- The Featured Book of the Week is A Magic Ride in Foozbah-Land -- An Inside Look at Diabetes by Jean Betschart with illustrations by Jackie Urbanovic.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.