- In February 1999, Children with Diabetes received 2.3 million hits and delivered 784,951 pages to 114,804 users from 105 countries.
- Ashley is in third grade and does her own blood tests and insulin injections.
- Mary Katherine is 3 1/2 years old and was diagnosed just after her third birthday.
- Keondra is 11 years old and was diagnosed in February 1999.
- Camps for kids with diabetes with updated information for the 1999 camping season include:
- Bearskin Meadow Camp includes a family camp for younger kids and a young adults session.
- Camp Carefree in New Hampshire provides two weeks of fun for kids with diabetes.
- The Continuous Glucose Monitoring System: FAQ provides answers to common questions about MiniMed's new continuous glucose sensor.
- In January of 2000, the International Diabetic Expedition Aconcagua 2000 (IDEA 2000) plans to climb the highest mountain in the western hemisphere.
- The Children with Diabetes Message Board offers visitors a chance to post messages on a variety of topics of interest. Other web sites with message boards about diabetes include:
- The Islet Foundation, which focuses on on research, including islet cell xenotransplantation.
- ParentSoup.com, which provides general support.
- Sandi Pope is working to change the law regarding glucagon adminstration in schools in Virginia.
- Scientists discover genetic clues to Type 2 diabetes.
- Lilly launches recombinant DNA form of Glucagon for Injection.
- JDF Washington Report brings us up to date on research funding news.
- The Pump Girls is a new rock band consisting of four girls aged 12-15. Each girls has Type 1 diabetes and wears an insulin pump.
- Last week's poll asked about your interest in the MiniMed Continuous Glucose Monitoring System. This week's poll asks about how often your child has attended diabetes summer camp.
- The Featured Book of the Week is "The Kid's Choice Cookbook" By Colleen Bartley and John Pateman.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:41
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.