- Andrew has been doing his own blood tests since he was three.
- Emily Favre was diagnosed three days after her sixth birthday.
- John Ratzenberger offers a new Message From the Chairman.
- Camps for kids with diabetes with updated information for the 1999 camping season include:
- Camp Rising Sun is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in the Knoxville, Tennessee area.
- The Elliott P. Joslin Camp of the Joslin Diabetes Center is looking for keen, dedicated staff to work as Senior Counselors (males 18+ years), Junior Counselors (males 17+ years), a secretary, an accountant, and kitchen assistants. Interested applicants should contact Vicki Guy at 617-732-2455.
- In a blow to increased diabetes research funding, NIH Dismisses DRWG.
- Study shows that carbohydrate counting works regardless of amount of carbohyrdate eaten.
- Study supports use of Insulin Lispro in pumps.
- Diabetes Care and Patient-Oriented Outcomes discusses the challenges associated with translating knowledge gained from research into improved clinical practices.
- GAD Protein may be key to Type 1 diabetes. See also Diabetes research isolates role of immune system.
- Long-Acting Biosynthetic Insulin Submitted for Regulatory Approval In US and Europe.
- Novo Nordisk announces new InnovoTM insulin delivery system. Innovo has electronic features that help people with diabetes in their daily management of insulin doses. [Photo]
- SweetSheet, diabetes management software for users of LifeScan meters and Macintosh computers, has been updated to a new version. Users should download the new version, which is easier to use and supports Mac OS System 8.
- Last week's poll asked readers about diabetes-related events they attend. This week's poll asks how readers abuse reuse of lancets and syringes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Growing Up With Diabetes: What Children Want Their Parents to Know by Alicia McAuliffe.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.