- John Ratzenberger offers a new Message From the Chairman advocating the use of the Internet to enable diabetes researchers to share information.
- Mike McManus is racing for a cure.
- Diego lives in Venezuela and takes swimming and karate.
- We have a new chat room for Injection Users, similar to our Pump Users room. While everyone is welcome in every chat room, please keep the focus of the discussion in the Injection Users room to issues related to injection therapy.
- Do you like to get e-mail? Children with Diabetes has several support Mailing Lists.
- Over 125 new Friends were added in the last month. If you're new to diabetes and looking for a friend, you're sure to find someone in the Friends database.
- Research Focuses Worldwide Attention On Diamyd Diabetes Vaccine.
- A recent study reaffirms the benefit of eating carbohydrates before exercise to help prevent exercise-induced hypoglycemia in adolescents with Type 1 diabetes.
- A recent study reports that children with Type 1 diabetes who suffer hypoglycemic seizures showed deficits on perceptual, motor, memory, and attention tasks.
- A recent study highlights the importance of testing siblings of children with Type 1 diabetes for early indications of the disease.
- A study suggests that a specific HLA allele confers protection from developing Type 1 diabetes even in the presence of islet cell antibodies.
- New Group Pushes For Controversial Cell Research.
- Novo Nordisk receives positive opinion on NovoRapid, a new rapid-acting insulin analogue.
- Anyone using EMLA cream should consider trying the new ELA-MAX topical anesthetic.
- Eating vegetables may cut risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
- Miss America to join Bob Scheidt on the final miles of his Walk Across America to raise money and awareness for diabetes.
- Last week, ABC News ran a story about the GlucoWatch and the Pump Girls.
- Diabetes This Week by The Diabetes Mall offers a summary of the week's diabetes news.
- Last week's poll asked readers how they cleaned their fingers before blood tests. This week's poll asks if you've ever changed diabetes teams.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Ten Keys to Helping Your Child Grow Up With Diabetes by Tim Wysocki, Ph.D.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.