Of Continuing Interest
- The Collection for Russia is planning a new shipment on August 5, 1999.
New This Week
- Alex Pence plays on a state champion football team.
- Recombinant Version of Novo Nordisk Velosulin BR Approved for Use in Diabetes Treatment.
- High-Dose Vitamin E Supplementation Normalizes Retinal Blood Flow and Creatinine Clearance in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cow's milk formula feeding induces primary immunization to insulin in infants at genetic risk for type 1 diabetes.
- Counterregulation during spontaneous nocturnal hypoglycemia in prepubertal children with type 1 diabetes concludes that the risk of nighttime hypoglycemia must be reduced before children with diabetes receive intensive insulin therapy.
- Conventional Versus Intensive Diabetes Therapy in Children with Type 1 Diabetes documents cognitive impairments due to hypoglycemia from intensive therapy.
- Blood glucose awareness training can help people with Type 1 diabetes identify impending hypoglyceia.
- We review Insulin-Dependent Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Adults by Ragnar Hanas, M.D.
- We review the new Accu-Chek Simplicity blood glucose meter.
- The 1999 Fast Track to a Cure national bike tour is an all-out effort to raise awareness and funding to help cure diabetes that begins on August 14th in San Diego, California, and ends on October 10th at the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor.
- Cygnus' GlucoWatch Automatic Glucose Monitoring Device Granted Expedited Review Status by the FDA.
- The American Diabetes Association brings us up to date on the status of NIH funding in Congress.
- Diabetic.com is a mail-order pharmacy with diabetes supplies.
- The British Diabetic Association has an updated website.
- Sugarbugs is a group for children with diabetes. Their main goal is to be a sounding board and support network for families with diabetic children.
- The Diabetes Association, Inc., in Fall River, Massachusettes, has an opening for a Youth Program Coordinator.
- AccuChef is a PC-based recipe software system that includes full nutritional analysis. A 60-day free download is available from the web site.
- SugarSmart Diabetes Care Products carries hundreds of items ranging from meters and strips to all kinds of sugar-free foods.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often they check their blood test meters with test solutions. This week's poll asks readers how often they use diluted insulin.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Best Year of My Life: Book 1: Getting Diabetes by Jed Block.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.