Of Continuing Interest
- Diabetes Management at School provides detailed instructions and forms to help your child at school.
New This Week
- Joe Grayauskie is 14 and hopes to get a pump.
- Daad is a 10 year old girl from Amman, Jordan.
- Eating disorders in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus summarizes a study which reports that 10% of young women with Type 1 diabetes can be diagnosed with an eating disorder.
- Diabetes: Innovation and Growth from Medical Data Online offers an excellent overview of diabetes prevelance, treatments, products, and future advances.
- Texas Children's Hospital has most of their patient care handouts on-line in PDF format. You'll find diabetes information, as well as general pediatric health information.
- We review Type I Diabetes: Molecular, Cellular, and Clinical Immunology, edited by Edited by George S. Eisenbarth and Kevin J. Lafferty.
- The Insulin Pumps and Insulin Treatment chapters of Insulin-Dependent Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Adults by Ragnar Hanas, M.D. are available for download. The chapters are in PDF format.
- Join us for a special chat session on diabetes at school on Monday, August 16, at 9:00 pm Eastern Time, hosted by diabetes nurse specialist Steph Schwartz.
- Read the transcript from the special chat session on Insulin Pumps held on August 2, 1999.
- JDF Joins Forces to Support Stem Cell Research on Capitol Hill.
- Wax Orchards makes and sells natural, fruit-sweetened foods.
- Last week's poll asked readers whether they ever inject through clothing. This week's poll asks readers how they stop their finger from bleeding after a blood test.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Stop the Rollercoaster: How to Take Charge of Your Blood Sugars in Diabetes by John Walsh, P.A., C.D.E., Ruth Roberts, M.A., and Lois Jovanovic-Peterson, M.D.
- Wal-Mart's ReliOn diabetes products are a new sponsor of the Diabetes Basics section.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.