Of Continuing Interest
- Diabetes Management at School provides detailed instructions and forms to help your child at school.
- Join us for a special chat session on diabetes at school on Monday, August 16, at 9:00 pm Eastern Time, hosted by diabetes nurse specialist Steph Schwartz.
New This Week
- John Raztenberger offers a new Message From the Chairman.
- Graham is five years old and lives in Ontario, Canada.
- Jessica, age 17, has Cerebral Palsy and her mom has diabetes.
- Austin is almost four and has a new baby brother.
- Bretton is three-and-a-half and was diagnosed when he was two.
- Parents of Teens with Diabetes is a new e-mail support list for parents of teenagers with diabetes.
- Humalog Reduces Hypoglycaemic Reactions In Younger Diabetics.
- Oral bedtime cornstarch supplementation reduces the risk for nocturnal hypoglycaemia in young children with type 1 diabetes.
- Substitution of night-time continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion therapy for bedtime NPH insulin in a multiple injection regimen improves counterregulatory hormonal responses and warning symptoms of hypoglycaemia in IDDM.
- German BABYDIAB study finds early expression and high prevalence of islet autoantibodies for DR3/4 heterozygous and DR4/4 homozygous offspring of parents with Type I diabetes.
- Perinatal and neonatal determinants of childhood type 1 diabetes showed that neonatal illnesses increased and initial breast feeding decreased the risk of childhood type 1 diabetes.
- Maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY): a new challenge for pediatric diabetologists.
- Small, Convenient and Flexible, Insulin Pumps Catch On, reports The New York Times. (Free Registration Required)
- Month of Birth Affects Risk of Childhood-Onset Diabetes. (Free Registration Required)
- The American Diabetes Association is running a poll about experiences with diabetes-related discrimination.
- Procter & Gamble September promotion benefits JDF.
- DiabetesManager 2.00 is a diabetes management software system for PSION handheld computers.
- WatchMinder is a reminder watch to assist people with diabetes. It has 16 programmable alarms that display eight character reminders.
- Advantage International USA, Inc. sells xylitol sweetener, as well as mints and gum sweetened with xylitol.
- Last week's poll asked readers how they stop their finger from bleeding after a blood test. This week's poll asks readers what the upper limit of their target blood sugar range is.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Convenience Food Facts by Arlene Monk, RD, LD, CDE, and Nancy Cooper, RD, LD, CDE.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.