Of Continuing Interest
- As part of our Fall Fundraising Drive, we've introduced six new Humpty Dombrowski Hat styles. Be sure to visit the secure online store to order a hat, membership, polo shirt or book. Your financial support helps ensure the continued operation of Children with Diabetes.
- If you are using Microsoft's Internet Explorer 5.0 and have been unable to connect to the secure online store, please see information about Internet Explorer 5.0.
New This Week
- Highlighting our Fall Fundraising Drive, John Ratzenber offers a new Message From the Chairman.
- André is from Lisbon, Portugal.
- Like dog, like boy: Family learns to recognize diabetes tells the story of a family with a dog and a child with diabetes.
- Read the transcript of the Chat with Reporter Mandy Gardner.
- Listen to a discussion about diabetes by Deb Butterfield, founder of the Insulin-Free World Foundation and author of Showdown with Diabetes, Dr. David Harlan, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), and Dr. Alan Kirk, section chief of transplantation for NIDDK/NIH and the Navy. From The Diane Rehm Show on National Public Radio. (Real Player Required)
- In July we wrote about a study published in Diabetes Care that examined Conventional Versus Intensive Diabetes Therapy in Children with Type 1 Diabetes. The full text of that study is now available at Medscape.com.
- Is undetected autonomic dysfunction responsible for sudden death in Type 1 diabetes mellitus?
- We've created an "Advocacy & Activities" conference in the Message Board for you to share your ideas and plans for diabetes advocacy, fundraising, and support activities.
- IBM employees can donate to the Diabetes Research Institute through their United Way Campaign.
- Diabetes Educator Associates, Inc. addresses the lack of quality health education by linking health care professionals with organizations and those people who need education.
- Kathy Green needs your help to get money for kids in Michigan who want insulin pumps.
- Last week's poll asked readers how much time they spend with their diabetes team during their diabetes check ups. This week's poll asks readers about the lowest blood sugar they or their children have recorded.
- We review The Unofficial Guide to Living with Diabetes by Maria Thomas with Loren W. Greene, M.D.
- The Featured Book of the Week is When Diabetes Hits Home: The Whole Family's Guide to Emotional Health by Wendy Satin Rapaport, LCSW, PsyD.
- Our On-Line Coloring Book is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:32
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.