New This Week
- Kelli is 7 and in the second grade.
- Carolyn is 11 and was just diagnosed.
- Jessica is six years old and uses an insulin pump.
- Diabetes Nurse Specialist Steph Schwartz will host a special sick day chat on Wednesday, November 3, 1999 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Look for the special "Sick Day" chat room.
- Chat with the Pump Girls on Monday, November 8, 1999 at 9:00 PM Eastern Time. Look for the special "Pump Girls" chat room.
- Over 50 new people have added their names to the Friends Database in the past month. If you're experienced with diabetes, please offer your wisdom to the new comers.
- Research team needs new onset cases to test immunusuppressant drug.
- FDA to Review GlucoWatch on December 6, 1999.
- We have a new page with information about transplantation.
- Correlation of fingerstick blood glucose measurements with GlucoWatch biographer glucose results in young subjects with type 1 diabetes.
- Study finds Lack of association between duration of breast-feeding or introduction of cow's milk and development of islet autoimmunity.
- In a letter to the Editor of the British Medical Journal, Bart Classen reiterates his claim that there is an association between type 1 diabetes and Hib vaccine.
- HMO screening for diabetes complications inadequate.
- Exercise Helps Obese Children With Insulin Resistance Syndrome.
- We've updated our mirror of On-line Diabetes Resources by Rick Mendosa.
- We're running a survey about insulin pump use.
- Diabetic Flowsheet for Palm computers intended for use by patients or providers to track sugars, insulin and oral hypoglycemic data.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they or their child use foods containing artificial sweeteners. This week's poll asks readers what kind of over-the-counter medications they use when they are ill.
- We review the new book Sweet Invisible Body by Lisa Roney.
- The Featured Book of the Week is When a Child Has Diabetes by Denis Daneman, Marcia Frank, and Kusiel Perlman.
- Our presentations about diabetes are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:32
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.