Of Continuing Interest
- Research team needs new onset cases to test immunusuppressant drug.
- FDA to Review GlucoWatch on December 6, 1999.
New This Week
- Samantha Jo is 15 months old and was diagnosed when she was 11 months.
- Newspaper reports on youth with Type 2 diabetes.
- We're running a Growing up with Diabetes Survey for parents.
- In vivo glucose sensing for diabetes management: progress towards non-invasive monitoring explains recent advances in technology that are being applied to blood glucose sensing.
- Teenage Girls, Diabetes, and Eating Disorders: Too Common a Combination reports on dangerous practice of withholding insulin to lose weight.
- Inadequate suspension of neutral protamine Hagendorn (NPH) insulin in pens can cause problems with control.
- Insulin adjustment by a diabetes nurse educator improves glucose control in insulin-requiring diabetic patients.
- MiniMed reports software problem with new 508 insulin pump.
- Smudge on skin may be early sign of Type 2 diabetes in kids.
- Canadian government boosts spending on diabetes, with half of additional money going to aboriginal communities.
- Islet Sheet Medical, a company working on developing a bioartificial pancreas, has revamped their web site. It now includes a good overview of the various technologies for encapsulating islet cells.
- The Excel Blood Glucose Test Strip is a new, lower-cost strip for users of the Glucometer Elite meter.
- Will Gassen is doing 1,000 push ups a day until there is a cure.
- Last week's poll asked readers to describe themselves, so we can better understand our audience. This week's poll askes readers how many times they've needed to use glucagon.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Fast Food Facts by Marion Franz, MS, RD, LD, CDE.
- Our Mailing lists are Worth a Look.
- Children with Diabetes polo shirts and T-shirts make excellent holiday gifts. Visit our on-line store and help support the Children with Diabetes web site.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:41
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.