- Camps for kids with diabetes that have updated schedules for the 2000 camping season include:
- Camp Happy Hollow is a camp in Indiana with a private lake, a variety of trails, and outdoor camping facilities.
- Camp Carowanis, a bilingual summer camp for diabetic boys and girls ages 8 to 15 in Mont-Royal, Quebec, Canada.
- Parents in North Dallas, Texas have a new support group.
- FDA panel supports GlucoWatch. See also the press release from Cygnus.
- The American Diabetes Association summarizes new approaches to insulin treatment and glucose monitoring.
- Improving Diabetes Control in Adolescents reiterates what we all know: caring for diabetes during adolescence is harder than it is before or after.
- Behavioral and Psychosocial Research With School-Aged Children With Type 1 Diabetes highlights the importance of parental involvement in diabetes care, even for older kids.
- Eating Habits, Body Weight, and Insulin Misuse examined eating disorders, insulin misuse, weight change, and their relationships with control and complications in adolescents.
- Counseling Techniques for Clinicians and Educators contrasts the outcomes of two approaches to clinic-based, diabetes-related interviewing and counseling.
- Psychological Complications of Childhood Diabetes: Case Examples discusses three common barriers to healthy coping with childhood diabetes.
- Transcutaneous Glucose Measurement Using Near-Infrared Spectroscopy During Hypoglycemia reports on a new method of non-invasive glucose sensing.
- Insulin pump therapy in Type 1 pediatric patients: now and into the year 2000.
- Study reports on clinical, autoimmune, and genetic characteristics of very young children with type 1 diabetes.
- Menu Direct offers meals for people with diabetes through Custom Cuisine, and meals for people with celiac.
- The Insulin Dependent Diabetes Trust is working to convince the US FDA to allow importation of beef-sourced insulin.
- Americans wishing to import beef-sourced insulin will find instructions at the FDA web site.
- Newspaper highlights kids on pumps.
- The Personal Lasette laser lancing device is now available for purchase.
- Last week's poll asked readers if readers if their relatives have been tested as part of a diabetes prevention trial. This week's poll askes readers if they read the Ask the Diabetes Team questions and answers.
- The Featured Book of the Week is A Magic Ride in Foozbah-Land -- An Inside Look at Diabetes by Jean Betschart.
- Readers' Favorite Recipes are Worth a Look.
- Looking for a special holiday gift? Visit the Children with Diabetes On-line Store for our logo polo shirts, Humpty Hats, and an excellent book about diabetes.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:41
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.