- Join your friends from Children with Diabetes at our first official event -- a trip to Orlando, Florida in June 2000.
- Douglas is six and has diabetes since he was two-and-a-half.
- Tawnee is almost 11 and was diagnosed in December 1999.
- Ivana is seven and lives in Bulgaria.
- Heather is 10 and was diagnosed in October 1999.
- Sara is nine and wants to get a pump.
- Cari is seven and just got a pump.
- Mathew is two years old and was diagnosed when he was 10 months old.
- The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss is now available in the Online Store.
- We add pediatrician Dr. Matthew Brown as a full-time member of the Diabetes Team.
- Study finds diabetic patients had more gastrointestinal symptoms than non-diabetic population.
- Study finds evidence that vascular disease starts early in the course of childhood diabetes.
- Study finds that elevated levels of fasting insulin are associated with impaired fibrinolysis and hypercoagulability in subjects with normal glucose tolerance.
- Two year prospective dietary survey of newly diagnosed children with diabetes aged less than 6 years.
- Read the diabetes poetry of Gary Hempleman.
- If you're in Ontario and are interested in learning more about the insulin pump, visit the Health and Wellness Show at the Quinte Mall on January 27, 2000.
- Last week's poll asked readers about nutritional supplements that they use. This week's poll asks readers how often they or their children see their diabetes team.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Best Year of My Life: Book 1: Getting Diabetes by Jed Block
- Diabetes Management at School is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.