- Jared is 6 and a half and lives in Washington.
- Dorien is 13 years old and lives in The Netherlands.
- Bartlett boy takes diabetes in stride.
- Camps for kids with diabetes that have updated dates for the 2000 camping season include:
- Camp EDI is a summer day camp in Fall River, Massachusetts.
- Camp Ho Mita Koda, in Ohio, was founded in 1929 and is the oldest continuing camp for children with diabetes in the world. They have five summer sessions, a mini-camp for kids ages 4-7, and a teen bicycle adventure.
- A Splash Party for dids with diabetes ages 7-11 will be the start-up of a fun-filled support group for kids in Broome County, New York.
- Cost-Utility Analysis of Screening Intervals for Diabetic Retinopathy in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Schools often ill-equipped for medical emergencies.
- The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists has released its new Diabetes Guidelines.
- Nicotinamide inhibits enhanced in vitro production of interleukin-12 and tumour necrosis factor-alpha in peripheral whole blood of people at high risk of developing type 1 diabetes and people with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes.
- Incidence of and risk factors for cataract among diabetes clinic attenders.
- Islet cell antibody frequency differs from that of glutamic acid decarboxylase antibodies/IA2 antibodies after diagnosis of diabetes.
- JDF brings us up to date on its advocacy efforts.
- Generex Biotechnology is developing an oral insulin formulation.
- Last week's poll asked pump users who first suggested that they use the pump. This week's poll asks readers about their primary method of taking insulin.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Sun, The Rain, and The Insulin: Growing Up With Diabetes by Joan MacCracken, M.D.
- The Diabetes Dictionary is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:33
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.