- Robyn is ten and lives in Scotland.
- Fellicia is eight years old and lives in Singapore.
- Victoria is nine years old and lives in the UK.
- Camps for kids with diabetes that have updated dates for the 2000 camping season include:
- Bearskin Meadow Camp includes a family camp for younger kids and a young adults session.
- Camp Floyd Rogers in Omaha, Nebraska, offers June camping for kids with diabetes ages 8 to 18.
- Camp Ko-Man-She is for kids 6 to 17 who live in southwestern Ohio.
- South Bay Hot Shots is a support group for families in Torrance, California.
- The new ReliOn Short Needle Syringe has half-unit markings in the 3/10 cc (30 unit) version.
- Diabetics warned to avoid Chinese herbs.
- Sensitive glucose sensing in diabetes. (Free registration at The Lancet web site required)
- Scientists Say Cell Treatment Can Reverse Diabetes in Mice.
- FDA reports on large fine levied against Futrex, a company that was developing a non-invasive blood glucose meter called the Dream Beam. In response to this report, Futrex has filed suit against the FDA.
- Study reports on latex hypersensitivity in child with diabetes.
- The USDA Nutrient Database allows you to search for a food item and see a complete nutritional analysis of it.
- Carb Cards are a great way to learn about carbohydrate counting.
- The Gluten Free Kitchen is advocating for better food labels that include information about gluten content. This is important for people with celiac.
- The United States Cowboy Tour rodeo benefits Children with Diabetes.
- Last week's poll asked readers about where they purchase their diabetes supplies. This week's poll asks readers about where they get blood for blood tests.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- Support Groups are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:33
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.