- Amber is 14 and just started using the pump.
- Camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information include:
- Camp Bluebonnet is a summer day camp in Georgetown, Texas.
- Camp Hope provides summer camp for children with diabetes between the ages of 7 and 18 living in Wyoming.
- Camp Jordan, hosted by Makemie Woods in Barhamsville VA (near Williamsburg VA), is for kids with diabetes.
- Camp Rising Sun is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in the Knoxville, Tennessee area.
- Camp Tokumto is a day camp program for kids ages 6 to 9 in Canton and Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Twin Lakes Diabetes Camp in Mississippi hosts kids ages 7 to 15.
- Diabetes Forecast has an article about Stress & Diabetes.
- Disetronic launches research project to develop integrated pump and continuous glucose monitor.
- Study finds damage to porcine islets of Langerhans after exposure to human blood in vitro, or after intraportal transplantation to cynomologus monkeys.
- Strict Diets For Chronic Diseases May Increase Risk Of Eating Disorders.
- The SCOFF test is a new screening tool for eating disorders.
- Study reviewed effect of diabetes in pregnancy on offspring.
- Study finds evidence for a new Graves Disease susceptibility locus at chromosome linked to Type 1 diabetes.
- The Beverly Hills Collar Company offers medical identification bracelets.
- Last week's poll asked readers where they usually inject insulin. This week's poll asks readers if they've ever given the wrong insulin dose.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Ten Keys to Helping Your Child Grow Up With Diabetes by Tim Wysocki, Ph.D.
- HbA1c Measurement is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:33
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.