Of Continuing Interest
- Long-time users of Children with Diabetes may have some questions about the recent press release about Diabetes123 taking over the Children with Diabetes web site. To help explain what's happening, I've written a brief letter about the new team behind the website.
- Preregister for diabetes123 and receive a free online diabetes education class when we launch our new services.
- Alberta Foundation Reports on Successful Islet Transplants.
- For families who attended Orlando 2000, we've posted eight pages of photos for you to enjoy.
- We report on several new products announced at the recent ADA Scientific Sessions.
New This Week
- Camp Ivy is a day camp in Hampton, Georgia.
- Severe diabetic problems end when patients receive transplanted cells, study shows. (CNN news report with video of Dr. James Shapiro)
- Diabetes Portal has information about islet cell transplant trials.
- Primary Care Falls Short On Helping Diabetics To Help Themselves.
- Consumption of colas and other carbonated beverages is associated with bone fractures in teenage girls. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Novel Test Developed at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Pinpoints Location of Rare Insulin Disorder to Guide Surgical Cure in Newborns.
- Study explored sleep apnoea in children with diabetes.
- JDF is accepting applications for the second JDF Children's Congress, to be held in Washington, D.C. in June 2001.
- Last week's poll asked readers when they last had their eyes or their child's eyes checked for reinopathy. This week's poll asks readers if they or their child have had a microalbumin test.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Sun, The Rain, and The Insulin: Growing Up With Diabetes by Joan MacCracken, M.D.
- Tips for Campers and Parents is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.