- Stasi is 3 and uses the pump.
- Sydney is 8 1/2 years old.
- A Day in the Life of a Diabetic was written Rik Strayer, a fifteen-year-old who was diagnosed in 1994.
- Scott Verplank, a professional golfer who wears a pump, wins Reno-Tahoe Open.
- Join us for our regularly scheduled "Dads Against Diabetes" chat on Thursday evenings at 9:00 pm Eastern US. Go to the chat room login page and look for the "Dads Against Diabetes" room.
- ADICOL is a European research project working to achieve the "ADvanced Insulin Infusion using a COntrol Loop" (ADICOL).
- Lispro in a Pump Provides Better Control Than MDI.
- The ADA has its Sick Day Guidelines online.
- Study examined the genetic, autoimmune, and clinical characteristics of childhood- and adult-onset type 1 diabetes.
- Study suggests that rotavirus infection may trigger or exacerbate islet autoimmunity in genetically susceptible children.
- Study finds that enterovirus infections are associated with the development of beta-cell autoimmunity.
- Study examined T-cell responses to enterovirus antigens in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Study finds that therapy focused on lowering postprandial glucose, not fasting glucose, may be superior for lowering HbA1c in patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- Study examines whether albumin excretion rate is sufficient for early prediction of diabetic nephropathy risk.
- Study finds that QTc prolongation is predictive of increased mortality in type 1 diabetic patients.
- Study examines birth characteristics of women who develop gestational diabetes.
- Organ-Specific Autoantibodies Linked to Dietary Gluten in Celiac Disease Patients. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Lilly and Generex Sign Agreement To Develop Buccal Form of Insulin.
- Haifa researchers bring hope to diabetes sufferers.
- Hope Handbags makes a stylish purse that holds diabetes supplies.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they are interested in a Web-based tool to help them analyze their blood sugar readings. This week's poll asks readers if they are interested in insulin pump therapy.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Cooking with the Diabetic Chef by Chris Smith.
- Emergency Glucose is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.