- JDF's Countdown for Kids magazine has an article about Gold-Medal winning swimmer Gary Hall.
- Sports Illustrated has a Gary Hall Jr. Olympic Diary.
- This week's Scheduled Chat Sessions include:
- Food Matters: Restaurant Eating: Focus on Fast Foods hosted by Hope Warshaw on Monday, September 25th at 9:00 pm Eastern US.
- Feelings Matter: Avoiding Diabetes Burnout hosted by Bill Polonsky on Tuesday, September 26th at 9:00 pm Eastern US.
- Transcripts from last week's chats include:
- Food Matters: Carb Counting.
- Virtual Support Group: Type 2 Diabetes.
- Governer of South Dakota confirms that he has Type 2 diabetes.
- Camp Hodia, Idaho's camp for children with diabetes, has updated information about 2001 camp dates, including a ski trip in January 2001.
- School district challenged on policy regarding children with diabetes.
- Paper reports on two kids who attend diabetes summer camp.
- Vitamin E supplementation restores glutathione and malondialdehyde to normal concentrations in erythrocytes of type 1 diabetic children.
- Study finds that knowledge of oral hypoglycemic agents is poor in patients with Type 2 diabetes and health care professionals.
- Study found that treatment with metformin during pregnancy was associated with increased prevalence of pre-eclampsia and a high perinatal mortality.
- Pediatric Bone Marrow Recipients Have High Long-Term Risk for Diabetes. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Diabetics Not Getting Proper Hypertension Management. (Free Medscape membership required)
- CDC researchers find no vaccine/diabetes risk to kids.
- Paper reviews HLA-DQ and Type 1 diabetes.
- Lowering Hypertension Without Increasing Insulin Resistance. (Free Medscape membership required)
- A combination of sulphonylurea and insulin is more effective for maintaining tight blood glucose control than insulin alone in type 2 diabetics.
- German screening program identified a high hidden level of gestational diabetes.
- Animas has been issued a patent for a "Implantable sensor and system for measurement and control of blood constituent levels".
- Urgent action required to cut the cost of type 2 diabetes according to new data released at the annual conference of EASD.
- JDF India offers advice for people with Type 1 diabetes in India.
- Roche Diagnostics has launched a new Accu-Chek.com web site.
- JDF reports on its Walk for the Cure.
- If you live near Phoenix, Arizona, you can help the International Diabetic Athletes Foundation by participating in their annual fund raiser.
- FelCor Lodging Trust is selling 200-page cookbook to raise money for JDF.
- The PharmInfo Diabetes Information Center has information about medications used to treat both types of diabetes.
- Last week's poll asked readers what type of meal planning they use. This week's poll asks readers about what they think of sweets.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The ADA Guide to Healthy Restaurant Eating by Hope S. Warshaw, MMsc, RD, CDE.
- Carbohydrate Counting is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.