- Young girl raises money for diabetes research.
- Join us for a chat about Food Matters: The False Promise of Fat-Free Foods hosted by Betty Brackenridge on Monday, October 9nd at 9:00 pm Eastern US in the "Food Matters" chat room.
- You can read the transcript from last week's chat about Fast and Flavorful: Tasty Meals with Less Effort with Robyn Webb.
- California Governer Gray Davis explains why he vetoed a bill that would have protected the rights of children with diabetes to test their blood sugar at school.
- Diabetes Station held a chat wtih Dr. Jeff Bluestone, head of the Immune Tolerance Network.
- With cold and flu season nearly upon us, it's a good time to review Sick Day Guidelines.
- School district tries to force kindergartners with diabetes to change schools.
- Long-term dietary treatment with increased amounts of fiber-rich low-glycemic index natural foods improves blood glucose control and reduces the number of hypoglycemic events in type 1 diabetic patients.
- What degree of maternal metabolic control in women with type 1 diabetes is associated with normal body size and proportions in full-term infants?.
- Study reviewed the effect of intensive glycemic control on microalbuminuria in type 2 diabetes.
- Incidence of Childhood Type 1 Diabetes Worldwide.
- Are trends in diabetes incidence changing for minority children?
- Study finds low incidence of Type 1 diabetes in Thailand.
- Study investigated the frequency of severe hypoglycemia and hypoglycemic coma and to identify clinical and behavioral risk indicators in a nonselected population of type 1 diabetic patients.
- Dr. James Shapiro complains of lack of federal funding for diabetes research in Canada.
- Back to school: Parents Encouraged to Know Their Diabetic Child's Rights in School.
- Study concludes that cow's milk consumption in infancy is not related to IDDM in Iceland.
- Effect of cow's milk exposure and maternal type 1 diabetes on cellular and humoral immunization to dietary insulin in infants at genetic risk for type 1 diabetes.
- Study explored the pathogenesis of neonatal diabetes.
- Man with Type 1 diabetes dies in police custody.
- Article reports on growing cost of diabetes in India.
- The New York Times recently ran a special section about diabetes.
- University of Pittsburgh scientist reports on potentially novel way to measure blood glucose (abstract).
- Inverness Medical Technology, Inc. Agrees to Acquire Alternative Diabetes Monitoring Technology.
- SpectRx, Inc. Announces Second Funding Grant from CDC To Expand the Company's Continuous Glucose Monitoring Program.
- Last week's poll asked readers why they visit this web site. This week's poll asks readers what sweetener they use most often when cooking.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Dinosaur Tamer and Other Stories for Children with Diabetes by Marcia Levine Mazur, Peter Banks and Andrew Keegan.
- Prescription Laws are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.