- Melissa-Lee is 8 and lives in South Africa.
- We have two Special Chat Sessions scheduled for this week:
- Halloween: The Tricks for Handling Treats, with Betty Brackenridge and Lea Ann Holzmeister on Monday, October 23rd at 9:00 pm EDT in the Food Matters room.
- Stress and Diabetes, with Wendy Satin Rapaport on Tuesday, October 24th at 9:00 pm EDT in the Feelings Matter room.
- Be sure to read the transcripts of last week's special chats:
- Virtual Support Group: Type 2 Diabetes.
- I Am the Count! Fat and Carb Counting to Meet Your Goals.
- School faces action over trip ban on diabetic.
- Cygnus ships first commercial GlucoWatch® systems to the UK.
- FDA approves Glucovance (Glyburide and Metformin HCl Tablets) for treatment of Type 2 diabetes.
- Six-year-old girl's 911 call saves life of diabetic father.
- CNN video reports on Type 2 diabetes in kids.
- Newspaper reports on rising rates of Type 2 diabetes in kids.
- MEDLINE Abstracts: Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes from Medscape summarizes recent studies in the prevention of Type 1 diabetes.
- NIH calls early halt to study which showed that an ACE inhibitor or a beta blocker protected kidneys better than a calcium channel blocker.
- Selection Criteria for and Outcomes of Pancreatic Transplantation. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Persistent Infection of Human Pancreatic Islets by Coxsackievirus B Is Associated with Alpha Interferon Synthesis in beta Cells.
- Study finds decreased prevalence of atopic diseases in children with diabetes.
- Discovery of Insulin is a web site dedicated to telling the story of how insulin was discovered.
- Diabetes Juvenil is a new Spanish-language web site about diabetes.
- There is a new web site for cyclists with diabetes in the UK.
- Metrika's DRx HbA1c Monitor Gains CLIA Waiver.
- The Gluten Free Mall specializes in gluten-free and wheat-free health foods.
- Cecilia's Gluten-Free Grocery offers over 250 gluten-free foods plus an assortment of books and cookware.
- Gluten Solutions has over 170 products from 23 different companies, all 100% wheat-free and gluten-free.
- Express Lane Diabetic Cooking can help time-pressed families eat a healthy meal.
- Last week's poll asked readers about sick-day supplies they have on hand. This week's poll asks readers about how often they visit the web site.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The "I Can't Believe This Has No Sugar" Cookbook by Deborah E. Buhr.
- Developmental Issues are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.