Note: Children with Diabetes Editor Jeff Hitchcock and Diabetes Team member Dr. Marco Songini will be in Mexico City from November 4 through 7 to present the Children with Diabetes web site to the 17th Congress of the International Diabetes Federation. As a result, the weekly What's New page and newsletter may be delayed next weekend.
- Luke is 10 and lives in in New Zealand.
- Bella was diagnosed in May 2000.
- Boy using Halloween to help others.
- Join us for the following Scheduled Chats this week. Rooms for the scheduled chats open 30 minutes before the chat is scheduled to start, and the chats last one hour.
- Food Matters: Restaurant Eating: Go Ethnic! with Hope Warshaw on Monday, October 30th at 9pm Eastern in the "Food Matters" chat room.
- Your Virtual Support Group: Type 1 Diabetes with Kris Swenson and Betty Brackenridge on Wednesday, November 1st at 9pm Eastern in the "Virtual Support Group" chat room.
- Be sure to read the transcripts of last week's special chats:
- Food Matters: Halloween: The Tricks for Handling Treats
- Feelings Matter: Stress and Diabetes
- Camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for the 2001 camping season include:
- Camp Happy Hollow in Indiana has a private lake, a variety of trails, outdoor camping facilities, and a miniature farm with horseback riding.
- Harrisburg Diabetic Youth Camp is a camp for kids in north central Pennsylvania.
- The Tour of Friendship is an 800-mile bicycle trip over a 2-week period in Michigan and Wisconsin for teens ages 14-19.
- Families Will Discover "What's Up" from Docs at the Diabetes Research Institute on November 4th.
- We've updated our page about How to Say 'I have diabetes' in many languages. If you know a language that isn't shown, please drop us a line.
- The Gadget Grrl joins us with a regular column about gadgets and goodies to help you manage diabetes.
- Southern California's Pop Music Sweethearts, The Pump Girls, to Donate One Year's Worth of Medical Supplies to Needy Orlando Family.
- US Postal Service announces diabetes awareness stamp, thanks to the tireless efforts of Margaret Himelfarb.
- The JDF Rocky Mountain Chapter is selling holiday cards.
- Young scientist really throws himself into his work reports on Junior High School science project about diabetes.
- Eagles' quarterback Donovan McNabb raising money to help find a cure for diabetes.
- Newspaper writes about Dispelling myths about children and diabetes.
- Woman hopes transplant will end diabetes battle.
- Dr. Marco Songini has two lectures about diabetes online at the Supercourse on epidemiology:
- The Type 1 Diabetes Sardinia (Hot and Cold Spot) Project: what did we learn so far?
- Prediction of Type 1 Diabetes and related Autoimmune Diseases.
- The Problem With Compliance in Diabetes.
- Comprehensive Management of Type 2 Diabetes presents several case studies to review management objectives for patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- Diabetes and the structure and function of the heart and blood vessels.
- Letter summarizes recent study about early exposure to cow's milk and potential increased risk of Type 1 diabetes.
- Study finds low-GI diet to be a promising alternative to standard dietary treatment for obesity in children.
- Estimating the benefits of solitary pancreas transplantation in nonuremic patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Carotid artery distensibility and cardiac function in adolescents with type 1 diabetes
- Safety of high-dose nicotinamide: a review.
- The CDC addresses the issue of vaccines and diabetes.
- Hypoguard is a UK-based manufacturer and distributor of diabetes products.
- Diabetes Diner Talk is a new radio talk show about Type 2 diabetes, sponsored by Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- The Diabetes Trust Fund is dedicated to finding a cure for Diabetes, the funding of Diabetes research, the education and training of health care professionals in the care and treatment of Diabetes, and the detection and effective treatment of those afflicted with Diabetes.
- Last week's poll asked readers about how often they visit the web site. This week's poll asks readers if they attend diabetes retreats.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Ten Keys to Helping Your Child Grow Up With Diabetes by Tim Wysocki, Ph.D.
- Information for Teachers and Child-Care Providers is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.