- In October 2000, the Diabetes Team pubished 232 answers to questions sent in by our readers.
- Join us for a special chat on Decommissioning the Food Police with Betty Brackenridge on Monday, November 6 at 9pm Eastern in the Food Matters Room.
- Be sure to read the transcripts of last week's special chats:
- Food Matters: Restaurant Eating: Go Ethnic! with Hope Warshaw from October 30th.
- Your Virtual Support Group: Type 1 Diabetes with Kris Swenson and Betty Brackenridge, from November 1st.
- The need to find a method of successful islet transplantation using fewer donor islets and a way to do so without immunosuppression were two of the more important issues discussed at the October 28, 2000 Diabetes Research Institute Foundation Research Update in New York City.
- Dr. Anne Peters writes about being Gary Hall's endocrinologist.
- Everyone Who's Anyone Turns Out for Splashy 'Carousel' Stars, has-beens mix at L.A. benefit.
- Golf tournament makes hole-in-one for diabetes.
- Diabetes-Holidays offers holidays with empowerment groups for persons with diabetes and their partners in the Bavarian Alps.
- JDF changes name to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International.
- IDF: Diabetes On The Rise World-Wide.
- RiteAid pharmacies offer free diabetes screenings in the US.
- Yale University accepted a $5 million grant from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wednesday to establish a center to study and control low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they attend diabetes retreats. This week's poll asks readers about who is responsible for arranging refills of diabetes prescriptions and supplies.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace by Betty Page Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE and Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE.
- How to Say "I Have Diabetes" in Many Languages is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.