Register now for our "It's a New Day in Diabetes" Conference and Expo, to be held from July 18-22, 2001 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Come to the conference and try a pump! Animas Corporation will be offering a great opportunity for potential would-be pumpers. Anyone interested in trying an Animas pump (with saline) may do so Thursday and Friday at the conference. For more information, contact Maura Emory, CDE, at 1-877-YES Pump, extension 164. Appointments are necessary.
- Austin was diagnosed when he was 12 months old.
- Paige was diagnosed when she was 15 1/2 months old.
- Nathan was diagnosed at 10 months of age in Feb 2001.
- Katie is six years old and lives in New Mexico.
- Phil Jacobs writes about the challenges of caring for his young daughter.
- We often receive requests for help with science projects related to diabetes. If you or your child has a science project related to diabetes that you'd like to share, use our feedback form to let us know about the project and we'll get back to you to get the project featured in Children with Diabetes.
- It's time to reserve your spot at summer camp. Camps with updated schedules for 2001 include:
- Camp Aldersgate is a co-ed resident camp in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Camp AZDA at Friendly Pines Camp provides kids with diabetes in Arizona an excellent camping experience.
- Camp Chicagami offers family, kid, and teen camping weekends
- Camp Granada is a resident camp in Monticello, Illinois.
- Camp Hendon provides a summer camping experience for kids ages 8 to 17 in Kentucky.
- Camp Juliet is a free day camp in Augusta, Georgia.
- Camp Little Shot is a free camp for kids in central Georgia.
- Camp Needles in the Pines is a one-week resident camp in Eastern North Carolina.
- Camp Rising Sun is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in the Knoxville, Tennessee area.
- Camp Sugarbugs offers a family camping experience for kids in Tennessee.
- Children's Diabetes Summer Camp provides a summer camping experience for kids ages 6-14 living in Louisiana.
- Florida's Diabetes Camp sits on 47 acres on the shores of beautiful Lake Winona.
- Joslin Day and Outdoor Adventure Camp offers a free one-day camp and two-day camp for kids who live near southern Indiana. Adventure camp includes horseback riding and caving.
- Join us for our monthly Virtual Support Group: Type 2 Diabetes chat with Betty Brackenridge and Kris Swenson on Wednesday, April 25th at 9pm Eastern in the Virtual Support Room.
- Read the transcripts from last week's special chats:
- Food Matters: Bring Your Burning Questions, Puzzles, and Pet Peeves with Betty Brackenridge, held on Monday, April 16th.
- Parenting School Age Children with Diabetes with Barbara Anderson, held on Tuesday, April 17th.
- Prediction of diabetes with body mass index, oral glucose tolerance test and islet cell autoantibodies in a regional population.
- In Diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease : an update, a team from SUNY reports that ACE inhibitors improve the way the body handles insulin and, as a result, ACE inhibitors benefit the heart and blood vessels.
- Chronic Periodontal Disease Could Lead to Type 2 Diabetes.
- Should we screen for type 2 diabetes? Evaluation against National Screening Committee criteria.
- ACE Inhibitor Therapy Does Not Affect Renal Structure in Diabetics With Albuminuria. (Free Medscape membership required)
- C-peptide and Glucagon Profiles in Minority Children with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Metformin May Lower Adolescents' Risk of Developing Type 2 Diabetes.
- Lipoatrophy Associated With Lispro Insulin in Insulin Pump Therapy.
- Dr. Steve Edelman talked about "The GlucoWatch® Biographer: The Most Important Diabetes Monitoring Advance in a Decade".
- GlucoWatch UK offers information about the GlucoWatch for people in the UK.
- The Yorkhill Childrens' Diabetes Website in Scotland has it's teaching materials online.
- Study examined the effect of periodontal treatment on glycemic control in patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- The South Carolina House of Representatives introduced the "Diabetes School Care Act". This bill deserves your support.
- The Oklahoma Senate will be voting on the Diabetes School Care Act. This bill deserves your support.
- Andrew will be attending the JDRF Children's Congress 2001 in Washington, DC.
- Two-month-old baby diagnosed with diabetes in India.
- New York Jets Head Coach Herman Edwards Coaches Wife vs. Diabetes.
- Diabetes Watch will have a 24-hour diabetes chat-a-thon from 6 am EST on April 26th through 6 am EST April 27th.
- MejorVida is a new Spanish-language web site for anyone living with diabetes.
- The Sugar Free Gang is a support group for children with diabetes and their families Schenectady, New York.
- EMLA USA has information about EMLA and the EMLA disc, which are used to numb insertion sites for pump users.
- Last week's poll asked readers readers about how they treat hypoglycemia. This week's poll asks readers how they usually treat unexpected high blood sugar.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Needles: A Memoir of Growing Up With Diabetes by Andie Dominick.
- Our page about Insulin is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:43
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.