Donate to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund to support relief efforts in New York and Washington, D.C.
Donate at Amazon.com Donate at Yahoo!
- The Children with Diabetes Foundation launches its new web site. Please visit and learn how you can help raise money for the cure.
- Madison's Diabetic Days is a poem by Madison's mom.
- Enter the LifeScan ONE TOUCH® Away From Winning sweepstakes to win a Trek Mountain Bike, ONE TOUCH Ultra, or other prizes.
- IBM employees and retirees are encouraged to use the Employee Charitable Contribution Campaign to donate money to the Diabetes Research Institute.
- TheraSense is once again funding scholarships for children to participate in nationwide diabetes summer camps in 2002. Nominations must be submitted by a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- Join us for our monthly Virtual Support Group: Type 2 Diabetes with Betty Brackenridge and Kris Swenson on Wednesday, September 26th at 9pm Eastern in the Virtual Support chat room.
- Diabetes Mellitus from Pediatrics / Endocrinology offers an excellent overview of diabetes.
- NovoLog®, now available in the US.
- The price of Balance PC, an excellent PC-based diabetes management tool, has been reduced.
- Renoprotective Effect of the Angiotensin-Receptor Antagonist Irbesartan in Patients with Nephropathy Due to Type 2 Diabetes. (PubMed reference)
- Effects of Losartan on Renal and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes and Nephropathy. (PubMed reference)
- The Effect of Irbesartan on the Development of Diabetic Nephropathy in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. (PubMed reference)
- The juxtaglomerular apparatus in young type-1 diabetic patients with microalbuminuria. Effect of antihypertensive treatment.
- Progression of functional and structural cardiac alterations in young normotensive uncomplicated patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Insulin autoantibodies: evidence of autoimmune disease among a group of Puerto Rican children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Novo Nordisk abstracts from the recent meeting of the European Association of the Study of Diabetes are available online and include several about NovoLog®, a new fast-acting insulin, and insulin detemir, a new long-acting basal insulin under study.
- Simpler Fluid Management Improves Diabetic Ketoacidosis Therapy in Children. (Free Medscape membership required) See also Improving management of diabetic ketoacidosis in children.
- Effects of a motilin receptor agonist (ABT-229) on upper gastrointestinal symptoms in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- 'Infectious diabetes' theory of type 2 diabetes slammed.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Issues New Guidelines for Management of Gestational Diabetes.
- Higher carbohydrate intake is associated with decreased incidence of newborn macrosomia in women with gestational diabetes.
- Acceleration of diabetic retinopathy in pregnancy.
- Caries and salivary status in young adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Asian Pacific Islander American population almost two times more likely than whites to have diabetes.
- In the age of junk food, type 2 diabetes strikes children.
- The Canadian Diabetes Association and the Air Transport Association of Canada (ATAC) are advising people with diabetes to obtain a letter from their doctor prior to air travel. Americans traveling within the US are highly encouraged to do the same.
- Diabetics, organ-recovery groups face air security hurdle.
- Judge who is convinced that soft drinks and candy bars caused his type 2 diabetes sues Coca-Cola.
- Diabetes doesn't stop high school football player.
- Local families struggle with diabetes.
- Daughter gives kidney to help mom with diabetes.
- Islet Sheet Medical reports on news about its research.
- Last week's poll asked readers about what type of meal planning they use. This week's poll asks readers if their child's school or day care provider requires calibration data from the child's blood glucose meter.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Easy as ABC by Deborah Tappen, CPNP-CS, CDE, Commander, Nurse Corps, US Navy.
- The Report from 2001 Conference at Disney World is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:36
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.