- Kirstin was diagnosed in March 1999.
- You know you're a parent of a child with diabetes when you understand these tidbits.
- In September 2001, we published 213 answers to questions sent to the Diabetes Team. Can we answer your question?
- Enter the LifeScan ONE TOUCH® Away From Winning sweepstakes to win medical identification jewelry, a ONE TOUCH Ultra, or other prizes.
- CureNow is the web site of Allison Blass, a sixteen year old with diabetes.
- TheraSense is once again funding scholarships for children to participate in nationwide diabetes summer camps in 2002. Nominations must be submitted by a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- If you use an insulin pump, please take the pump survey.
- Join us for our monthly Virtual Support Group: Type 1 Diabetes with Betty Brackenridge and Kris Swenson on Wednesday, October 10th at 9pm Eastern in the Virtual Support chat room.
- Banned transplants from piglets 'cure' teenagers of diabetes.
- 'Imprinted' gels hold promise for future medical devices.
- Heme oxygenase-1 induction in islet cells results in protection from apoptosis and improved in vivo function after transplantation.
- The effects of HDV-insulin on carbohydrate metabolism in Type 1 diabetic patients.
- Bone mineral density at time of clinical diagnosis of adult-onset type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Drinking water composition and childhood-onset Type 1 diabetes mellitus in Devon and Cornwall, England. See also Incidence of childhood diabetes mellitus in Yorkshire, northern England, is associated with nitrate in drinking water.
- Double-blind, randomised study of the effect of combined treatment with vitamin C and E on albuminuria in Type 2 diabetic patients.
- Antioxidants attenuate early up regulation of retinal vascular endothelial growth factor in streptozotocin-diabetic rats.
- Diabetes clue may improve treatment.
- A blood pressure drug which shows promise in preventing the onset of adult diabetes will be trialled in Australia.
- Prevalence of gastrointestinal symptoms associated with diabetes mellitus.
- Changes in regional brain (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose uptake at hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetic men associated with hypoglycemia unawareness and counter-regulatory failure.
- A prospective study of drinking patterns in relation to risk of type 2 diabetes among men.
- Prevalence and risk factors of microalbuminuria in a cohort of African-American women with gestational diabetes.
- Pregnancy outcome in type 1 diabetic women with microalbuminuria.
- Evaluation of the insulin resistance syndrome in 5- to 10-year-old overweight/obese African-American children.
- Insulin glargine: a review of its therapeutic use as a long-acting agent for the management of type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Influence of intensive diabetes treatment on body weight and composition of adults with type 1 diabetes in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial.
- Extreme altitude mountaineering and Type 1 diabetes; the Diabetes Federation of Ireland Kilimanjaro Expedition.
- Beneficial Effects Of Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion In Older Patients With Long-standing Type 1 Diabetes.
- The effect of acute hyperglycaemia on appetite and food intake in Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Metformin does not adversely affect hormonal and symptomatic responses to recurrent hypoglycemia.
- Oral drug makes expectant mothers with gestational diabetes rest a little easier. (Video presentation)
- Abstract points out the dangers of taking unregulated 'herbal cures' for diabetes.
- Paper reviews insulin analogs.
- Early detection of microcirculatory impairment in diabetic patients with foot at risk.
- Woman with gestational diabetes gives birth to 14 pound baby.
- TheraSense set to IPO.
- Agency aids kids with diabetes.
- 2,500 walk to raise money to find cure for diabetes.
- Light rain doesn't dampen spirits of walkers for diabetes.
- When Jack McCarthy was diagnosed with diabetes, doctors said he probably wouldn't live past the age of 20. That was 65 years ago.
- Last week's poll asked readers about how many weeks of diabetes supplies they usually keep at home. This week's poll asks readers about whether they get flu shots for themselves or their child with diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Rufus Come Home by Kim Gosselin.
- What is Type 1 Diabetes? is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:36
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.