- Join us in Pasadena, California, July 17-21, as hundreds of CWD families join in the 3rd annual conference, Friends For Life: Pasadena 2002. There will be educational sessions for everyone, young and old, whether you are a child or adult with type 1 diabetes, a family member, or a diabetes health care provider. Best of all, enjoy watching the children participate in conference sessions and some very cool social events, interacting, learning, and having fun with other children who face the same challenges each and every day. Find out more!
- Buy a Marissa Bear And Help Find The Cure. You can buy the Marissa Bear online.
- Our Rufus Travel Diaries are up to date. Read about the many travels of Rufus, the bear with diabetes.
- The Capitol Chapter of the JDRF has updated support group information for people living in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes with updated information for the 2002 camping season include:
- TheraSense is once again funding scholarships for children to participate in nationwide diabetes summer camps in 2002. Nominations must be submitted by a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- We review Taking Control of Your Diabetes, Second Edition by Steven V. Edelman, MD.
- Cygnus Granted Expedited Review Status by FDA for Use of GlucoWatch® Biographer by Children and Adolescents (Ages 7-17).
- Recent advances in treatment of youth with Type 1 diabetes: better care through technology.
- Deteriorating diabetic control through adolescence—do the origins lie in childhood?
- Insulin lispro lowers postprandial glucose in prepubertal children with diabetes.
- A peer group intervention for adolescents with type 1 diabetes and their best friends.
- Psychosocial characteristics of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus. (Full text in Spanish)
- The Prevalence and Clinical Characteristics of Celiac Disease in Juvenile Diabetes in Wisconsin.
- Emergence of type 2 diabetes in an hospital based cohort of children with diabetes mellitus in France.
- The fall 2000 issue of the Insulin Free Times online magazine has an interview with Dr. Bob Elliott about Transplanting Encapsulated Pig Islets.
- Intensive Insulin Therapy in Critically Ill Patients.
- Roche acquires Amira Medical, maker of an alternative site meter.
- Diabetes and Nutrition explores different types of foods and their effects on blood sugar.
- High Sierra 4-H Walks To Cure Diabetes.
- We've updated our mirror of Rick Mendosa's On-line Diabetes Resources
- Diabet.Apteka.ru is a Russian-language web site about diabetes run by the Yekaterinburg Diabetes Association. Smile is their online newsletter.
- In support of diabetes awareness, Jim McCord will be running from San Diego to Washington, D.C. beginning May 1, 2002. Information about his efforts are available at his web site, www.diabetesinfo.cc.
- Team Hummingbird is a bicycle racing team in the UK that highlights the performance of riders with diabetes.
- JDRF holiday cards are available again this year at MoreThanCards.com.
- Stevia Canada sells stevia, a sugar substitute.
- Kraft Diabetic Choices offers an online meal planner targeted at adults with type 2 diabetes. Web site registration is required.
- Last week's poll asked readers about how they record blood glucose readings. This week's poll asks readers about what sweetener they use most often in cooking.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Grilled Cheese at Four O'Clock in the Morning by Judy Miller.
- Our Presentations About Diabetes are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:37
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.