Of Continuing Interest
- cwdMail is a free, web-based e-mail service provided by Children with Diabetes and sponsored by LifeScan. cwdMail provides a simple web-based interface and rigorous anti-spam filtering to reduce the amount of unsolicited commercial e-mail you receive. Also, your cwdMail address will never be sold or shared with anyone.
- CWD CoPilot is a free, web-based diabetes data management system sposored by TheraSense.
- The T.H.O.R. Foundation is offering scholarships to the Friends for Life 2003 Annual Conference and Expo. The application deadline is December 31, 2002. Apply today, and be sure to include information about what you are doing related to diabetes advocacy, as that is a big part of their selection process.
- Make plans now to join us for the 2003-2004 Cruise Into the New Year with CWD!
New This Week
- We've revamped the Rufus and Ruby pages to make it easier to read individual diary entries.
- Katrina is 13 and lives in Scotland.
- Emily is 13 and has had diabetes since she was 2.
- We've added a page about Treatment of DKA.
- The British Columbia Medical Association offers Celiac disease: A review.
- Impact of pramlintide on glucose fluctuations and postprandial glucose, glucagon, and triglyceride excursions among patients with type 1 diabetes intensively treated with insulin pumps.
- Cognitive Ability and Brain Structure in Type 1 Diabetes: Relation to Microangiopathy and Preceding Severe Hypoglycemia.
- Discordance Between HbA1c and Fructosamine: Evidence for a glycosylation gap and its relation to diabetic nephropathy.
- Optimal Dose of Candesartan for Renoprotection in Type 2 Diabetic Patients With Nephropathy: A double-blind randomized cross-over study.
- Incidence of retinopathy and nephropathy in youth-onset compared with adult-onset type 2 diabetes.
- Survival and maturation of microencapsulated porcine neonatal pancreatic cell clusters transplanted into immunocompetent diabetic mice.
- Purified Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Blocks Diabetes Pathogenesis in NOD Mice.
- Effects of Injectable or Implantable Progestin-Only Contraceptives on Insulin-Glucose Metabolism and Diabetes Risk.
- Effect of long-term exposure to insulin lispro on the induction of antibody response in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Metformin as an Adjunct Therapy in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes and Insulin Resistance: A randomized controlled trial.
- Factors Associated With Academic Achievement in Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Apolipoprotein-e influences aspects of intellectual ability in type 1 diabetes.
- Effect of low-glycemic-index dietary advice on dietary quality and food choice in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Impact of Bedtime Snack Composition on Prevention of Nocturnal Hypoglycemia in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Undergoing Intensive Insulin Management Using Lispro Insulin Before Meals: A randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial.
- Autoimmune Gastropathy in Type 1 Diabetic Patients With Parietal Cell Antibodies: Histological and clinical findings.
- Comparison of an Insulin Analog, Insulin Aspart, and Regular Human Insulin With No Insulin in Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. See also Study Shows Human Insulin Analog Insulin Aspart Controls Post-Meal Blood Glucose Better than Regular Insulin in Women with Gestational Diabetes.
- Study shows benefit of high-dose statins in Type 2 diabetes.
- Costs Associated With the Primary Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in the Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Every Public School Needs a Campus Nurse.
- We mourn the passing of Russ Berrie, whose company made the Rufus and Ruby bears that have brightened the lives of so many children with diabetes.
- A 16-year-old Salem boy was acquitted on charges of deliberately harming a diabetic Leetonia girl who had to be hospitalized after he pushed her insulin pump.
- Close Shave Will Benefit Diabetes Charity.
- Students run marathon to fight diabetes.
- Verplank remains resilient as he battles diabetes.
- Jacksonville Jaguars offensive line helped save Christmas for a family hit hard by medical bills after a son was diagnosed with diabetes.
- Sailors see little cheer in lonely Southern Ocean.
- Hospitals take hard look at viability of diabetes education.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they or their child were in DKA at time of diagnosis. This week's poll asks our readers if they have received the wrong insulin or oral diabetes medication from the pharmacy in the past five years.
- Make the Holiday special with the FreeStyle Tracker System from TheraSense and Diabetic Express. The FreeStyle Tracker System Kit includes a FreeStyle Blood Glucose Module, a Handspring Visor Pro hand held computer, the FreeStyle Tracker Software program and ancillary supplies to get you started (lancing devices, lancets, test strips, control solution, etc.)! This item includes a $75.00 mail-in rebate. Regular Price is $295.99. Our Price $285.95. Over a $10 savings! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of TheraSense products including the FreeStyle Tracker and over 900 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Complete Guide to Carb Counting by Hope Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDE and Karmeen Kilkarni, MS, RD, CDE.
- Our School Bill of Rights for Children with Diabetes is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.