Of Continuing Interest
- cwdMail is a free, web-based e-mail service provided by Children with Diabetes and sponsored by LifeScan. cwdMail provides a simple web-based interface and rigorous anti-spam filtering to reduce the amount of unsolicited commercial e-mail you receive. Also, your cwdMail address will never be sold or shared with anyone.
- CWD CoPilot is a free, web-based diabetes data management system sponsored by TheraSense. You can upload data from the FreeStyle and Tracker meters, and enter data in by hand.
- The THOR Foundation is offering scholarships for families to attend our Orlando 2003: Friends for Life summer conference. The application deadline is March 31, 2003. Apply now!
New This Week
- In January 2003, Children with Diabetes delivered almost 1.5 million pages to over 290,000 visitor sessions from 122 countries.
- Stephanie is 12 and uses a pump.
- Taylor is eight and uses a pump.
- Hannah's Story by Doug Beauregard tells about Hannah's diagnosis.
- Norma is 25 and shares her experience of being diagnosed at 15.
- We now have 96 International Diabetes Youth Ambassadors -- teens and young adults who are diabetes advocates in their communities around the world.
- Looking for an e-mail friend? There are over 9,000 entries in our Friends Database. (Note that some entries are old and have non-working e-mail addresses.)
- Many summer camps for kids with diabetes have updated information for the 2003 camping season. It's time to reserve your spot. Newly updated camps include:
- Camp Bluebonnet is a summer day camp in Youngsport, Texas.
- Camp Ko-Man-She is for kids 6 to 17 who live in southwestern Ohio.
- The ADA 2003 Resource Guide is an online guide to diabetes products.
- Join Judy Kohn of TheraSense for a special chat about CoPilot, our web-based diabetes management system. The chat begins at 9pm Eastern on Tuesday, February 11th in the CoPilot chat room.
- The JDRF has a new Diabetes in School section of their web site.
- Canadian visitors are asked to take a poll about their monthly diabetes expenses.
- A type 1 diabetes-related protein from wheat (Triticum aestivum). cDNA clone of a wheat storage globulin, Glb1, linked to islet damage. See also Ottawa researchers link Type 1 diabetes to wheat.
- High Blood Sugar Linked to Lost Memory. See also Side Effects: Jog Your Memory? At the Gym? (free registration required)
- Shafer takes a careful approach.
- People with celiac can find gluten-free recipes online at Recipe Source, GlutenFree.com, and Celiac.com.
- Last week's poll asked readers how they stop their finger from bleeding after doing a blood test. This week's poll asks readers often they record their blood glucose readings.
- Now available without a prescription at Diabetic Express! Introducing A1cNow. The A1cNow Monitor is the first ever single-use test for hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) the "gold standard" indicator of diabetes management. Save $2.00 off single pack! Only $23.95! Regularly $24.95 or $43.95 for the 2-Pack Test! The test is easy to use, needs only a drop of blood and takes just 8 minutes. A1cNow is FDA approved and provides accurate results for patient use at home. Each monitor will be sent with a disposable lancet device and complete easy to use instructions. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 900 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace, Second Edition by Betty Page Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE & Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE.
- Our Guidelines for Treating Lows by Age page is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.