- During the week of April 7, we revamped the Friends database service. The new service is faster and institutes a new messaging system designed to protect people's e-mail addresses. With the introduction of the new Friends service, all cut-out e-mail addresses at childrenwithdiabetes.com that were provided to kids have been discontinued, since the messaging system will be used instead.
- Kerry Thorpe has diabetes and Cystic Fibrosis.
- Erin Wilson was diagnosed in September 2002.
- Laura Cackowski writes about being teased and bullied as a teen.
- Many summer camps for kids with diabetes have updated information for the 2003 camping season. It's time to reserve your spot. Newly updated camps include:
- Northern Illinois Day Camps provide a great summer experience for younger kids with diabetes, their siblings, and their friends.
- Triangle D, celebrating 52 years of camping, offers children with diabetes in northern Illinois a summer camping experience.
- Join Clare Rosenfeld for a chat about CWD's IDYA Program on Wednesday, April 16th at 9pm Eastern in the IDYA chat room.
- Read the transcript from last week's OneTouch UltraSmart and One Touch Software chat about the advanced data management capabilities of the UltraSmart meter and One Touch Software V2.0.
- Join the Diabetes Research Institute for a Finding Nemo benefit screening on Monday, May 26th at the Walt Disney Studios Main Screening Room in Burbank, California.
- Protein in Wheat May Play Role in Promoting Diabetes. See also A Type 1 Diabetes-related Protein from Wheat (Triticum aestivum).
- The relationship between the circulating IGF system and the presence of retinopathy in Type 1 diabetic patients.
- Defective Activation of Skeletal Muscle and Adipose Tissue Lipolysis in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus during Hypoglycemia.
- Absolute level and rate of change of albuminuria over 1 year independently predict mortality and cardiovascular events in patients with diabetic nephropathy.
- Ecologic analysis of some immune-related disorders, including type 1 diabetes, in Australia: latitude, regional ultraviolet radiation, and disease prevalence.
- Novel Chemical Better Maintains Pancreatic Islet Cell Structure and Function During Freezing. See also New chemical better enables frozen islet cells to stay viable for transplant.
- Diabetes in the young: a paediatric and epidemiological perspective.
- Soluble adhesion molecules in pre-clinical Type 1 diabetes: a prospective study.
- The role of T-cells in the pathogenesis of Type 1 diabetes: From cause to cure.
- Cell wars: As the debate over embryonic stem cell research intensifies, Florida scientists are fighting for their right to clone.
- A nationwide study of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) in Denmark.
- A randomized trial of insulin aspart with intensified basal NPH insulin supplementation in people with Type 1 diabetes.
- A repeated cross-sectional survey of severe hypoglycaemia in 178 Type 1 diabetes mellitus patients performed in 1984 and 1998.
- Efficacy and Safety of Low-Carbohydrate Diets.
- Management of cystic fibrosis-related diabetes in adolescence.
- Continuous glucose monitoring for the evaluation of gravid women with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Friends with Diabetes offers guidance on diabetes and Pesach-Passover.
- Questionable entrance exam. See Louisiana House Bill No. 149 for the full text of the proposed law.
- Pupils chew on diabetes threat.
- Health Alert: Halting diabetes.
- Red Sox coach taken off on stretcher.
- Diabetes devices are huge market.
- Technology boosts diabetes treatment.
- Controversy surrounds diabetes plan rejection.
- Insulin Pumpers Canada helps Canadians who use or are interested in the pump.
- Last week's poll asked readers how they dispose of medical sharps at home. This week's poll asks readers how many times they or their child have had a retinal photograph as part of their diabetes care.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Physician Credentialing.
- Introductory Price Special from Diabetic Express! New! ONE TOUCH® UltraSmart Blood Glucose Monitoring System. Blood Glucose Meter and Electronic Logbook in One! Only $29.95 after $20 manufacturer rebate and $30 trade-in! Trade-in offer is valid for all non-ONE TOUCH meters and the ONE TOUCH Profile. The ONE TOUCH UltraSmart uses FastDraw Design Ultra test strips, a new capillary action, end-fill test strip that takes only 1 microliter of blood, is touchable, and is approved for alternative sites (e.g., the arm instead of the finger tip). SmartButtons make your entries fast and easy. Patterns are easy to see and understand. Less pain, less blood, accurate results in 5 seconds! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Carbohydrate Counting Made Easy by the Diabetes Support Group at Knoxville Area Community Hospital.
- Our page about Celiac is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:59
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.