Of Continuing Interest
- cwdMail is a free, web-based e-mail service provided by Children with Diabetes and sponsored by LifeScan. cwdMail provides a simple web-based interface and rigorous anti-spam filtering to reduce the amount of unsolicited commercial e-mail you receive. Also, your cwdMail address will never be sold or shared with anyone.
- CWD CoPilot is a free, web-based diabetes data management system sponsored by TheraSense. You can upload data from the FreeStyle and Tracker meters, and enter data in by hand.
- Check out our Jobs Pages.
New This Week
- Clare Rosenfeld selected as one of the 2003 Prudential Honorees for her work in diabetes advocacy.
- Katrina is 13 and lives in Scotland.
- Julia lives in Canada and was diagnosed in April 2003.
- Newly added CWD Grads include:
- Garrett Shipley, will attend Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, Ohio, where his major will be Political Science.
- Brynn Obermeier, who plans to get a degree in education
- Kyle Haverly, who will attend Whitworth College in Spokane to study music.
- Allison Blass, who will attend the University of Oregon.
- Liz Hartley, who plans to study to be a surgical technician.
- New IDYA members include:
- Zeljka Ozbolt Sigurin from Croatia.
- Tushar Chandra from India.
- Flavio Galli from Italy.
- Thomas Loh from Singapore.
- Many summer camps for kids with diabetes have updated information for the 2003 camping season. It's time to reserve your spot. Newly updated camps include:
- Diabetes Day Camp is for kids in eastern Tennessee.
- FCYD Utah Summer Camp is for kids with diabetes in Utah.
- Read the transcript from last Saturday's IDYA chat, which focused on IDYA members from Europe.
- Join Clare Rosenfeld for our regularly scheduled monthly IDYA chat with a focus on advocacy and research issues. The chat will be held on Tuesday, May 13th at 9pm Eastern in the IDYA chat room.
- The Family Resource Network of Central Florida is a support program of the American Diabetes Association for children with diabetes and their families throughout Central Florida (Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Volusia, Brevard and Lake county).
- MEDLINE Plus offers links to information about diabetes. Also available in Spanish.
- Pump.dk offers information about insulin pumping for families in Denmark.
- Diabetes in the young: a paediatric and epidemiological perspective.
- Effect of acute hyperglycaemia on selected plasma and urinary cytokine antagonists in Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Poorly managed diabetes can lead to dementia.
- Phase II clinical trial demonstrates that Posurdex is highly effective in improving vision in patients with persistent macular edema, which can be caused by diabetic retinopathy.
- Oxidant regulation of gene expression and neural tube development: Insights gained from diabetic pregnancy on molecular causes of neural tube defects.
- Stages of Change for Healthy Eating in Diabetes.
- Lantus® (Insulin Glargine [rDNA Origin] Injection) Receives FDA Approval for Flexible Administration.
- Findings reveal that insulin detemir (Levemir) sets new standard with improved predictability and control in basal bolus insulin therapy. (Insulin detemir is not yet approved by the FDA for sale in the US.)
- WHO Director-General Brundtland begins dialogue with Food Industry on Diet and Chronic Diseases.
- School's decision on diabetes draws critics.
- Greater diabetes risk for twins.
- 26.2 Miles: Going the Distance in the Pursuit of a Cure.
- Vinnie Santana is a triathlete with type 1 diabetes from Brazil.
- Last week's poll asked readers where they or their child usually get blood for blood glucose tests. This week's poll asks readers if they have a diabetes emergency kit prepared.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Metformin Questions and Answers, and includes the April 2003 patient information insert.
- Introductory Price Special from Diabetic Express! New! ONE TOUCH® UltraSmart Blood Glucose Monitoring System. Blood Glucose Meter and Electronic Logbook in One! Only $29.95 after $20 manufacturer rebate and $30 trade-in! Trade-in offer is valid for all non-ONE TOUCH meters and the ONE TOUCH Profile. The ONE TOUCH UltraSmart uses FastDraw Design Ultra test strips, a new capillary action, end-fill test strip that takes only 1 microliter of blood, is touchable, and is approved for alternative sites (e.g., the arm instead of the finger tip). SmartButtons make your entries fast and easy. Patterns are easy to see and understand. Less pain, less blood, accurate results in 5 seconds! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is A Field Guide to Type 1 Diabetes.
- Our section about Rufus, the traveling bear with diabetes, is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:59
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.