- We've added a new section about diabetes studies that need your help.
- We've added a new section for press releases from companies involved in diabetes, as well as from institutions conducting research.
- Jordan is 13 and uses an insulin pump.
- Join Pump Trainer Natalie Bellini for a special chat about "Pumping at the Pool" on Tuesday, June 24th at 9pm Eastern in the Pumping with Natalie chat room.
- Join Dietitian Judy Singley for a special chat about "Summer, Carbs and You" on Thursday, June 26th at 9pm Eastern in the Nutrition with Judy chat room.
- Read the transcript from last week's IDYA chat.
- Read the transcript from last week's chat about the upcoming Friends for Life: Orlando 2003 conference.
- The Ascensia Dream Fund provides support and recognition to people with diabetes for whom self-monitoring is a cornerstone of their diabetes management. People with diabetes in the US, 18 and older, can apply for The Ascensia Dream Fund by downloading an application at www.ascensiadreamfund.com or by calling toll-free 800-332-3210. Applications must be received no later than September 12, 2003
- Carb Cards is updated to include full-color cards and can help your kids learn about carbohydrate counting.
- We review the Bee Healthy Diabetic Log Book.
- Oral Insulin Fails to Prevent Type 1 Diabetes.
- Insulin independence following isolated islet transplantation and single islet infusions.
- Intensive diabetes therapy and carotid intima-media thickness in type 1 diabetes mellitus. See also Influence of glucose control, lipoproteins, and haemostasis function on brachial endothelial reactivity and carotid intima-media area, stiffness and diameter in Type 1 diabetes mellitus patients.
- Enalapril Shows Renoprotective Effect in Diabetics with Microalbuminuria.
- Identification of the beta cell antigen targeted by a prevalent population of pathogenic CD8+ T cells in autoimmune diabetes . See also Researchers Find Clue to Cause of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Long-term ACE Inhibitor Treatment Promotes Renal Health and Improves Lipid Profiles.
- The effect of diabetes on sensorineural hearing loss.
- Atopic eczema in early childhood could be protective against Type 1 diabetes.
- Reversal of diabetes in monkeys after transplantation. See also the Diabetes Institute for Immunology and Transplantation web site.
- Autonomic function and autoantibodies to autonomic nervous tissues at follow-up in a cohort of young patients with type 1 diabetes. Effects of serum from diabetic patients on human adrenergic cells..
- Diabetic neuropathy in patients with "Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of the Adults" (LADA) compared with patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- C-Peptide Increases Forearm Blood Flow in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes via a Nitric Oxide-Dependent Mechanism.
- The Scientist, a news journal for life scientists, has a nice illustration of the potential sources of adult stem cells.
- Tight Glucose Control in Diabetes Lowers Risk of Atherosclerosis. See also Intensive Glycaemic Control Yields Benefits Years Later.
- GlucoWatch Biographer May Potentially Prevent Numerous Incidences of Severe Diabetic Complications.
- Effects of fructose on hepatic glucose metabolism.
- Study shows insulin detemir results in less variability in blood glucose compared to NPH insulin and insulin glargine. (Insulin Detemir is not yet available.)
- Specialist nurses in diabetes mellitus (Cochrane Review).
- Pump Up Your Knowledge of Insulin Pumps.
- Perioperative management of type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease among Children in Finland.
- Miss Emma Klatman selected as new ADA Youth Advocate.
- Avon teen fights diabetes - headed to Washington.
- Girl to lobby in D.C. for diabetes research.
- Student's project helps diabetes research.
- Folic Acid for Kids with Diabetes.
- Diabetes Complicates Life For Schoolchildren.
- Diabetes doesn't slow him down.
- Young Active Diabetes Patient Uses GlucoWatch.
- Life is sweet in summertime, even if diabetes is challenging.
- Inquiry Halted As Bereaved Mum Weeps.
- LeCarb: now milk taps into the Atkins trend.
- Last week's poll asked readers at what age they or their child were diagnosed. This week's poll asks readers if they or their child had a yeast infection immediately prior to diagnosis.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is When to refer to an endocrinologist.
- Introductory Price Special from Diabetic Express! New! ONE TOUCH® UltraSmart Blood Glucose Monitoring System. Blood Glucose Meter and Electronic Logbook in One! Only $29.95 after $20 manufacturer rebate and $30 trade-in! Trade-in offer is valid for all non-ONE TOUCH meters and the ONE TOUCH Profile. The ONE TOUCH UltraSmart uses FastDraw Design Ultra test strips, a new capillary action, end-fill test strip that takes only 1 microliter of blood, is touchable, and is approved for alternative sites (e.g., the arm instead of the finger tip). SmartButtons make your entries fast and easy. Patterns are easy to see and understand. Less pain, less blood, accurate results in 5 seconds! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Can Mom Have a Piece of My Birthday Cake? by Rochelle L. Stern.
- Our cwdMail service is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:59
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.