- Our annual conference, Friends for Life: Orlando 2003, is this week. We'll have reports online each day.
- We've added to our report from the 2003 Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association.
- Sammy Jo is 13 and uses a pump.
- Mandy is 11 and lives in Nebraska.
- Read the transcript from last week's "Pumping on Vacation and at Camp" chat.
- Read the transcript from last week's "Eating in Different Cities and Restaurants" chat.
- Help Nursing Students Learn About Diabetes.
- We have a review of the NovoPen Junior.
- We have a review of the NovoPen PenMate.
- Cooking Up Fun For Kids With Diabetes by Patti Geil and Tami Ross is a great new cookbook for families who have children with diabetes.
- Cognitive efficiency declines over time in adults with Type 1 diabetes: effects of micro- and macrovascular complications.
- Factors involved in ketoacidosis at the onset of type 1 diabetes in childhood.
- Transient hyperopic refractive changes in newly diagnosed juvenile diabetes.
- High-risk genotype for type 1 diabetes: a new simple microtiter plate-based ELOSA assay.
- Incidence of ESRD and survival after renal replacement therapy in patients with type 1 diabetes: A report from the Allegheny county registry.
- Herbal remedies: renal tragedies.. Also available in PDF format.
- Usefulness of antioxidant vitamin supplementation in children and adolescents with newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus type I.
- Relationship between metabolic control and quality of life in adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Report from two Italian centres for the management of diabetes in childhood.
- Severe hypoglycemia and insulin antibodies in young type 1 diabetic patients.
- Severe hypoglycemia in diabetic children and adolescents: frequency and circumstances of occurrence.
- Thyroid autoantibodies in children with recently diagnosed insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Decreased consciousness of hypoglycaemia and the incidence of severe hypoglycaemia in children and adolescents with diabetes type 1.
- Metabolic control in young children with type 1 diabetes treated with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (insulin pump).
- Bacterial and fungal flora in some clinical materials in children with diabetes type 1.
- Telemedicine in the management of young patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a follow-up study.
- The evolution of treatment guidelines for diabetic nephropathy.
- A bolus calculator is an effective means of controlling postprandial glycemia in patients on insulin pump therapy.
- Preconception care for women with type 1 diabetes.
- Microalbuminuria and hypertension with focus on type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Local families fight to find cure to juvenile diabetes .
- Last week's poll asked readers if they or their child have sought counseling to help cope with diabetes. This week's poll asks readers about the age of the glucose meter that they use most often.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Information about Acarbose (Precose).
- Introductory Price Special from Diabetic Express! New! ONE TOUCH® UltraSmart Blood Glucose Monitoring System. Blood Glucose Meter and Electronic Logbook in One! Only $29.95 after $20 manufacturer rebate and $30 trade-in! Trade-in offer is valid for all non-ONE TOUCH meters and the ONE TOUCH Profile. The ONE TOUCH UltraSmart uses FastDraw Design Ultra test strips, a new capillary action, end-fill test strip that takes only 1 microliter of blood, is touchable, and is approved for alternative sites (e.g., the arm instead of the finger tip). SmartButtons make your entries fast and easy. Patterns are easy to see and understand. Less pain, less blood, accurate results in 5 seconds! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Diabetes Type 2: Complete Food Management Program by Sherri Shafer, R.D., C.D.E.
- Our You're a Parent section is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:59
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.